Side number plate

Loatmead

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph rocket 3r
Hi all was just wandering on people’s views on side number plates just can’t decide what to do about the ugly standard set up. If It actually kept the crap off my back it would be one thing but it doesn’t and to me it looks something of an after thought.
Just fitted a set of Triumph heated grips today along with the single seat infill both of which I thought were real quality products from Triumph

Hi all was just wandering on people’s views on side number plates just can’t decide what to do about the ugly standard set up. If It actually kept the crap off my back it would be one thing but it doesn’t and to me it looks something of an after thought.
Just fitted a set of Triumph heated grips today along with the single seat infill both of which I thought were real quality products from Triumph
I had a side one and prefer the Lamonster set up

Attachments

• 82FD5415-D23E-4DF2-9FA3-F078B0427C24.jpeg
    82FD5415-D23E-4DF2-9FA3-F078B0427C24.jpeg
    727.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 0E3F17F1-DD1E-4346-B5B3-89A958C80B7F.jpeg
    0E3F17F1-DD1E-4346-B5B3-89A958C80B7F.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 73
This was my thought this weekend. I have cancelled my custom made full length rear mudguard as I don't want to cover up the rear tyre, I think the fat rear tyre is something to show off and not hide. Guttermans picture are very helpful, but I do wonder how a "full size" legal UK number plate would look hanging from the side. I have been pulled over for an undersize plate in the past, so don't want to risk it again. The other option may be a tidier take on the rear cluster with integrated lights, some like this:
Wunderkind Intergrated.jpg

This was my thought this weekend. I have cancelled my custom made full length rear mudguard as I don't want to cover up the rear tyre, I think the fat rear tyre is something to show off and not hide. Guttermans picture are very helpful, but I do wonder how a "full size" legal UK number plate would look hanging from the side. I have been pulled over for an undersize plate in the past, so don't want to risk it again. The other option may be a tidier take on the rear cluster with integrated lights, some like this:
Wunderkind Intergrated.jpg
I am led to believe Its the letter height not size of plate.

I am led to believe Its the letter height not size of plate.

Regulation is plate size and letter size. Ive gone down to plate size 8 x 6 and standard lettering and so far I have got away with that . If you change the lettering size its instantly noticeable .

Strange why the European plates are so huge, it's like hanging a billboard behind the bike. Do they want them visible from the space station? Definitely takes away from the look of the bike no matter what you do or where you hang that thing.

Strange why the European plates are so huge, it's like hanging a billboard behind the bike. Do they want them visible from the space station? Definitely takes away from the look of the bike no matter what you do or where you hang that thing.
Got to be visible from 60 feet away , I know what you mean but if there is a hit and run it makes it easier to identify the vehicle .

Back