Side License Plate

Jamie

Living Legend
Those of you we've moved the license plate to the side, usually l/h, what have you done with the turn signals? It seems to me that off-the-shelf license plate relocation hardware (some suppliers, Rivco included, refer to them as " relocation kits":confused: ) totally eschews the turn signal issue. Thanks for your feedback. Jamie:cool:

There are several additions that I have heard of...

mostly with Kurykyan Silver Bullets on, or around, the fendor struts.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/category.asp?bn=metric&cn=Lighting&page=3

They also make through the fendor mounts, but you'd have to drill holes through the fendors.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/category.asp?bn=metric&cn=Lighting&page=2

Some folks have fabricated dropdown brackets from one of the fendor strut bolts or from the reflector bolt ( the reflector that sits under the fendor strut).

I went a completely different route that I don't necessarily recommend... it's questionable for being street legal... but it does look pretty cool IMHO.

I hope this helps.

Thanks much RatBoy. Having just found out :) that side plates are not street legal at all in Switz. :( and, apart from that, that the installation would be a bit complicated (given my lousy mecanical skills, anyway), I have decided instead to install Rivco's "under the mudguard" plate support. A straightforward bolt-on affair that replaces the original bracket . It'll tuck the (relatively large) Swiss plate higher under the guard, bring the turn signals way closer to the plate and... offer a much better view of the rear rubber. Which, after all, was my objective :cool: . Best. Jamie

Thats a dam shame I used the plate locator from newboneville, and small fender markers adapted to the rear fender.

R34me

Your picture brought up a question I've been meaning to ask. On the exposed air filters under the bearclaw, do you have any problems riding in the rain with that arrangement?
Dennis
16 dtg!

turn signals

Jamie,

In Texas if you have turn signals mounted on the bike -- they have to work.:rolleyes:

If you don't have turn signals mounted on the bike -- it's legal :D and the bike will pass inspection.

For the "clean look', I've seen customizers, (mainly the HD crowd), take them off on purpose.

Personally, I want working signals.:)

Good looking mount:bch:

Lean front end same as mine. Info on your rear-sets appreciated. Thanks. Jamie

Jamie rear set's are Raask, for me this has to be the best mod I have done on the R3, the product is not the best quality and the fitting kit and instruction's are pathetic, but once you have found suitable spacers and longer fastenings for the linkages which were not included in the kit and line them up correctly the end result is ok, feeling a lot more like my speed triple the ride is now superb, more planted into the corner's and extra clearance is all good I am looking for some lower and slightly narrower front bars as the riding position is more forward. I would highly recommend anyone considering this upgrade to do it. Lockup clutch and Turbo in progress. :bch:

Last edited:
Your picture brought up a question I've been meaning to ask. On the exposed air filters under the bearclaw, do you have any problems riding in the rain with that arrangement?
Dennis
16 dtg!

The filters handle the average rain conditions no problems, I do carry some foam waterproofed cover's I made up for torrential condition's but have not had to use them yet. :D

Rain

R34ME, thanks for the answer, my main concern was hitting a good sized puddle (or one deeper than it looks) and flooding them out if I ever decided to go that route.
Dennis
15 dtg!

Back