Self-cancelling turn signal

DE1BE4CE-E257-45B1-94DB-2BA4C8A67C3B.png
No $hit!?
Did not know that.
Gratitude for the enlightenment. :thumbsup:
i thought he had answered this for somebody somewhere about the touring, hes got answers everywhere, I stalk him on the other forum to learn stuff too

While you were looking for that Kevin, I posted the page from the Owner's manual a few posts back :D
Are we sure we're not getting tourer and touring confused. As was posted earlier there was a tourer that was a dressed up classic that did not have self cancelling signals. That model started in 2007 and is listed for a few years after that on the Kisan website.

Turn Signal Switch
Note:
• This motorcycle is equipped with a
turn signal self cancel system. The
system becomes active eight
seconds after operating a turn
signal.
When the turn signal switch is pushed to the
left or right and released, the corresponding
turn signals will flash on and off.
The turn signal self cancel system becomes
active eight seconds after operating a turn
signal. Eight seconds after turning the turn
signal on and when the motorcycle has
travelled a further 213 ft (65 meters), the turn
signal self cancel system will automatically
turn off the turn signals.
The turn signals can
be cancelled manually. To manually turn off
the turn signals, press and release the turn
signal switch in the central position.

I would have to think those that don't think their system is working, is just not leaving long enough
1) it takes 8 seconds before the self-cancel 'countdown' (by distance) even begins;
2) after the 8 seconds, bike has to travel another 213 ft

Are we sure we're not getting tourer and touring confused. As was posted earlier there was a tourer that was a dressed up classic that did not have self cancelling signals.

I don't know about "we" - I'm not confused! :D
A "TourER"is just a classic model (with running boards I think) and only in 2007
If someone's profile is listed as a 2008 TourING I have to believe it is an actual Touring Model

Just another example of how f'd up that site is in their application guide - it lists Tourer models for 07-11 - Classics were superceded by Roadster in 2010 - so there is not even a 10/11 model ayway (let alone an 08 or 09)

And if they’re not canceling like they definitely should check the speedometer sensor down by kickstand mine was bad others have had wires pinched but that sensor ties into that speedometer assembly and if there’s a fault from that sensor to that instrument assembly you will have issues in there, as I and others have, just a week or so ago same thing, rocketeer changed speedometer sensor and magic all started working like it’s supposed too, I will look for thread to show his shock and awe when he changed sensor and boom it’s all good

And if they’re not canceling like they definitely should check the speedometer sensor down by kickstand mine was bad others have had wires pinched but that sensor ties into that speedometer assembly and if there’s a fault from that sensor to that instrument assembly you will have issues in there, as I and others have, just a week or so ago same thing, rocketeer changed speedometer sensor and magic all started working like it’s supposed too, I will look for thread to show his shock and awe when he changed sensor and boom it’s all good
I found thread His was speedometer not working everything else was, Speedometer sensor fixed he didn’t get any codes as faults, mine was turn signals not cancelling and speedometer quit speedometer sensor fixed all, just something to check, if your assembly is bad as I’ve read @DEcosse has diagnosed found them to be faulty I have one I bought from penwalls for 250 that wasn’t my problem, the speedometer sensor was but anywho I can help you if that’s it at a good price compared to new or one from penwalls or elsewhere

DeCosse is the man, and generous in the extreme with his knowledge.
No doubt he has saved me literally thousands from having to go to dealer for electrical and other issues, these bikes are notoriously bad in the electronics department I’m reading, so glad he will help, sometimes he’s had to walk me through the whole system to find the weak link at a split in the harness or electrical system that took days for him to find because he has to work with a monkey on this end or at least I feel like a monkey sometimes he’s trying to help me, I’m sure he had to have a shot when done. Ok turn on multimeter, good, touch pin 85 with red terminal good lol and the beat goes on

Back