Secondary Throttle Plates

I removed mine right after I got the bike.
I still have them in a baggie with the little screws.

If you take them out, tape the plates to the inside of the throttle body in their close position so the screws don't drop into the engine ;-)

do we need them ???
That's what I was thinking. Do the secondaries make for smoother throttle on and off, or do they just slow the throttle response so you don't spin the tire? Has anyone ever checked if power or throttle response is crisper with them removed? Mine are still in and I am on the fence whether or not to remove them. Opinions?

So ask yourself - WHY DID TRIUMPH GO TO THE EXPENSE OF ADDING THEM.

ime: the "low rpm with low % throttle" response is way better with them in. Not necessarily with the OEM % but-------

I recall that early on - It was reported (by gurus) that air flow was better leaving them in and open at 100% than removing UNLESS you also remove the bar they affix to.

So ask yourself - WHY DID TRIUMPH GO TO THE EXPENSE OF ADDING THEM.

ime: the "low rpm with low % throttle" response is way better with them in. Not necessarily with the OEM % but-------

I recall that early on - It was reported (by gurus) that air flow was better leaving them in and open at 100% than removing UNLESS you also remove the bar they affix to.
I have one of Hanso's wonder tunes, and he has them open 100% to remove the 3+4 gear restriction. I was wondering if the ECM programs the plates to close in other areas not shown on the secondary position chart. Mine are installed and it seems the engine responds then really responds when you whack the throttle in higher gears. It's as if the plates close down upon throttle opening, then open back up again a second later to give you full power.

Back