Seat Upgrade - Opinions/Options

Thanks guys. Keep the info coming. The long hauls I can find are almost as much as a Corbin!
I have a Russell Day Long. I like it very much. Used a new Triumph long haul for the seat base. I'm a big, tall guy and Russell Cycle Products had to modify the seat twice to get it right. This is one of the things that convinced me to go with the RDL. They will make adjustments (2 times max) within the first year at no charge (other than the customer paying shipping to Russell Cycle Products). I seriously considered a Corbin but didn't like that they make their own seat base and the mounting system they use is different than stock. The RDL was pricey but combined with the Triumph highway pegs, it's a night and day difference over the stock Roadster setup.

Attachments

• 20200708_151747.jpg
    20200708_151747.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 44
I have a custom lowered and recovered in leather. It was done old school upholstery style with the leather covered buttons stitched right through the stock factory Triumph Roadster seat base and tied off with butterflys. The leather is pop riveted on like Corbin does but much, much neater than theirs and spaced about an inch apart so no bunching and messy folds like Corbins have.
Ultra low R3 rider seat for sale Au$385 (US$250) delivered to USA. Note the thinning of the thigh area which is what makes the seat so wide for short folks.
I reckon a 5'3" rider could flatfoot with this seat.
Make it a real 'sofa look' ride. ;) :roll::roll::roll:

R3 cutdown solo 2.jpg

R3 cutdown solo 3.jpg

R3 cutdown solo 4.jpg

R3 cutdown solo 1.jpg

Found a matching pillion seat with backrest, only if it was black🥺
20200913_101149.jpg

Found a matching pillion seat with backrest, only if it was black🥺

Link Removed

Cool! Looks like someone tanned a one legged fat person! ;) :roll::roll::roll:

Bit of Nugget or leather dye and perfect!
You could even fit an esky chill box to the empty 2 seater's frame hanging out on the LHS.😎

2020 GT seat height is 29", I'm not tall, can't flat foot. Any options, or mods for the new models yet?

I have a weird recommendation; half praise, half criticism. Laam Seats, out of California. Heard he was a protégé of Russell Day Long's, and branched out and started his own company. Compliment? His work looks awesome, and the testimonials seem fantastic. Criticism is contacting Seth Laam himself. Before I nuked Facebook, I reached out to him there on a gallery of Triumph pics, and he was quick to reply there initially. But when I was ready to place an order, when I tried to raise him, via email, Facebook Messenger, and phone, including his cell, I just couldn't get an answer to get my order going. So...I don't know. Cheaper than Russell, looks amazing, but needs some work on the customer service side. Worth a look though...this set of pics is on my exact bike and color, the 2015 R3R in black and red. Owner was a shorter dude like me, at the towering 5'8", and Seth said he dropped it down and shoved the guy forward a bit. Owner loved it apparently.

Corbin has a seat for 2020 rocket check them out
That does not seem to lower the height any. I am thinking of taking mine to upholstery shop to rework padding. I had hear about going thinner but with gel instead of foam padding. Anybody heard of that?

I have a Russell Day Long. I like it very much. Used a new Triumph long haul for the seat base. I'm a big, tall guy and Russell Cycle Products had to modify the seat twice to get it right. This is one of the things that convinced me to go with the RDL. They will make adjustments (2 times max) within the first year at no charge (other than the customer paying shipping to Russell Cycle Products). I seriously considered a Corbin but didn't like that they make their own seat base and the mounting system they use is different than stock. The RDL was pricey but combined with the Triumph highway pegs, it's a night and day difference over the stock Roadster setup.
love my RDL seat made an amazing difference and is getting better the longer it breaks in. Worth the high price.

Back