Yeah, I definitely didn't discover it, was just the beneficiary of the forums.

If using a PC-V, ideally, when the PC-V registers a throttle percent, the ECU will register the same percent and it will scale properly though the 0-100 range. For example, on my bike at .60 there's a mismatch, always 3% behind on the ECU vs what PC-V reads because of the dead zone. Each bike will be slightly different, but .63 seems to be working on a lot of rockets.

Essentially, what happens, is the travel between .60 and .63 is a "dead zone" where the ECU sees 0% TPS through the .03 volt area. It results in a "just cracked" lean situation because the ECU doesn't know the throttle blades are opening. It will haunt you forever and cannot be tuned out with compromising the entire 0 and 1 percent TPS columns of your tune.

The effect you'll notice is a slight jerk and decel popping when holding it nearly, but not quite, closed.

You might have bumped something while under the tank. Things like the low tension coil leads which have cheap weak spade connetors could have been upset if they have not been recrimped.
Now first you should look at what the rpm settings are in the map. I've set mine so nothing is lower the 940. Save the map and re-install it.
THEN !!!!
You should run a full ISCV reset change the two volatage set points to .63 volts on the first setting of the primary TPS and the .75 volts on the second setting which is set at the stepper motor. Then complete the ISCV reset so it sychonizes. After it says its complete reset the adaptives turn the key off count to five and the your good to fire here up. If she is cold do the 12 minute tune. If she is warm fire her up and check the throttle body balance jotting down each cylinders numbers so you don't forget. You will be asked believe me. If vacuum numbers are squirrelly look for a vacuum leak especially since your bike is a 06 and the original lines are going on 14 years old
Pay particular attention the the plastic hose fitting they and the large map sensor hose hooks into. It kind of cheap. If you decide to change any auto parts store hose is fine. Keep them about the same length. A lot of this will just be checks to eliminate areas that could affect you.
Amazed that you and several others are willing to help and explain issues and fixes to problems encountered. I'm an old drag racer and how to's and secrets were just that. Must say I'm impressed and grateful. Getting to old to learn by trial and error, and to poor also.

Amazed that you and several others are willing to help and explain issues and fixes to problems encountered. I'm an old drag racer and how to's and secrets were just that. Must say I'm impressed and grateful. Getting to old to learn by trial and error, and to poor also.

This is a fantastic forum because of people like @warp9.9 and others going to sometimes great lengths helping the new guy to get his bike running perfectly. I'm indebted to them!! I've had some troubles lately and ALL OF THEM ARE SOLVED!!!

This is a fantastic forum because of people like @warp9.9 and others going to sometimes great lengths helping the new guy to get his bike running perfectly. I'm indebted to them!! I've had some troubles lately and ALL OF THEM ARE SOLVED!!!
Glad its running good for you now. You'll find a lot of help on this site even if its a nut house !!!!

Back