vindex1963

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Rocket 3, 2015 Victory Cross Country
My 2006 Classic has been down for an ignition so while I waited for a new one I changed spark plugs and installed a Ram Air intake. Today the Rocket is back in action!! I loaded a new tune for the intake and when I started the bike it wouldn't idle I had to twist the throttle to keep it running. The idle slowly got some better so I shut it down and put all the pieces back on. I re-started and it roughly idled so I did a 12 minute tune and the idle came back. I road tested it and man it runs strong!!!
Is it normal for the bike to act like this with an intake and plug change?

You might have bumped something while under the tank. Things like the low tension coil leads which have cheap weak spade connetors could have been upset if they have not been recrimped.
Now first you should look at what the rpm settings are in the map. I've set mine so nothing is lower the 940. Save the map and re-install it.
THEN !!!!
You should run a full ISCV reset change the two volatage set points to .63 volts on the first setting of the primary TPS and the .75 volts on the second setting which is set at the stepper motor. Then complete the ISCV reset so it sychonizes. After it says its complete reset the adaptives turn the key off count to five and the your good to fire here up. If she is cold do the 12 minute tune. If she is warm fire her up and check the throttle body balance jotting down each cylinders numbers so you don't forget. You will be asked believe me. If vacuum numbers are squirrelly look for a vacuum leak especially since your bike is a 06 and the original lines are going on 14 years old
Pay particular attention the the plastic hose fitting they and the large map sensor hose hooks into. It kind of cheap. If you decide to change any auto parts store hose is fine. Keep them about the same length. A lot of this will just be checks to eliminate areas that could affect you.

Last edited:
My iscv check came up unsupported test???

The throttle bodies we're way out unplugging the headlight stopped my laptop from disconnecting.

520 570 590 were the first TB reading I ended up at 580 570 580 and the idle settled right in. Maybe being out with the OEM air cleaner it didn't matter then I put the ram air on and it magnified the problem....maybe.

Wonder why my tune ecu iscv test is unsupported.

IMG_20190901_072500911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured out the unsupported test the bike has to be off!!! Duh!!

TPS was at .68 now it's at .60.

From what I'm reading a TPS sync can throw off the TPS.

Did the token 12 minute tune.

Last edited:
You should run a full ISCV reset change the two volatage set points to .63 volts on the first setting of the primary TPS and the .75 volts on the second setting which is set at the stepper motor. Then complete the ISCV reset so it sychonizes.
I would like to know why you recommend to set the points at .63 volts and .75 volts instead of .60 and .72 volts as recommended in the workshop manual.
Regards, Georg

I would like to know why you recommend to set the points at .63 volts and .75 volts instead of .60 and .72 volts as recommended in the workshop manual.
Regards, Georg
Yes, like tripps said it was a couple other captains that played with it checkung movement of the motor. It also matches the power commander units better just smoothes things right out. Since Rob has been summoned I will let him explain.

Because it works better, and I think it was @Claviger that discovered Triumphs ecu seems to read it .2 low?

Yes, like tripps said it was a couple other captains that played with it checkung movement of the motor. It also matches the power commander units better just smoothes things right out. Since Rob has been summoned I will let him explain.

I'm OK at .60v? Should I reset it again? I forgot you said .63 and went by the prompts on tune ecu.

Back