Rostra Electronic Cruise Control Installation

This is a shot from the floor up under my swing arm. I used the supplied metal to fabricate the bracket and drilled and tapped a small hole in the swing arm itself. Ran the wires inside a wire cover and then attached to the brake line then up under the seat. You can't even see it unless you are looking for it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 133
Ok Mittzy. Problems again. My cruise works smoothly, but only for 5-6 minutes. It just disengages but the power light and button lights are still on. The engage light goes off also. Seems that after it cools for awhile I am able to set it again and it engages again but only lasts for 5-6 minutes at a time. Seems like something may be getting hot and tripping and then resetting after a while. Had any trouble with anything like that?

Ok Mittzy. Problems again. My cruise works smoothly, but only for 5-6 minutes. It just disengages but the power light and button lights are still on. The engage light goes off also. Seems that after it cools for awhile I am able to set it again and it engages again but only lasts for 5-6 minutes at a time. Seems like something may be getting hot and tripping and then resetting after a while. Had any trouble with anything like that?

Hi mate, mine works fine! Never had this problem. Where have you got the main unit mounted? Check earth connection and power connection (have you connected the power to a big enough cable? I connected the negative (earth) directly to the battery.

It's hit and miss now. Worked all the way to work this morning, no problem. I think I might have a loose connection somewhere. I mounted the unit under the side cover under my left leg. I used the frame ground under the seat but was thinking of moving it to the battery. I will give that a try too. Thanks for the advice.

It's hit and miss now. Worked all the way to work this morning, no problem. I think I might have a loose connection somewhere. I mounted the unit under the side cover under my left leg. I used the frame ground under the seat but was thinking of moving it to the battery. I will give that a try too. Thanks for the advice.

I would move the ground (-ve) to the battery anyway.....

Thanks Mitzy, I've had this cruise control sitting on the shelf for over a year. Been meaning to sit down and figure it out, but didn't.......:mad:
Guess this will kick me in the azz to 'get'r'dun"

one question, are you using the magnets or the VSS amp?

Sorry I missed your question.... I ended up using the magnets. Just cos I had fitted them. I have not tried the amp as yet.

Back