Rostra Electronic Cruise Control Installation

That's what I figured you did, but just wanted to make sure. Thank you for your help, my friend. I will probably be asking a few more questions. I appreciate you posting the process for us here.

No Worries Mate, always willing to help.

Ok, last wire. The pink one coming from the control switch. It's supposedly activates the "engaged" indicator light on the control switch. Instructions say hook it to a 5 pin relay, which of course, they don't supply you. Do you have the same switch and if you do, where did you find such a 5 pin relay to work with it?

Ok, last wire. The pink one coming from the control switch. It's supposedly activates the "engaged" indicator light on the control switch. Instructions say hook it to a 5 pin relay, which of course, they don't supply you. Do you have the same switch and if you do, where did you find such a 5 pin relay to work with it?

My switch does not have this as I have the basic switch.

Update Switch Settings

I have just relised the original switch settings posted are not the ones I am currently using! so here you go....

Switches:
1. Off
2. Off
3. Off
4. Off
5. Off
6. Off
7. Off
8. Off
9. Off
10. Off
11. On
12. Off
All switches are OFF except #11
I have also changed the pdf

I was just about to ask you that! Haha. I noticed your switch settings were for a 4 cyl. But your note said set them for 8. Thanks for beating me to it. So 789 should all be off.. Now the setup you just posted here is for my magnet setup, right?

I was just about to ask you that! Haha. I noticed your switch settings were for a 4 cyl. But your note said set them for 8. Thanks for beating me to it. So 789 should all be off.. Now the setup you just posted here is for my magnet setup, right?

Yes this is the switch settings on my Roadster and I use the magnets.

Mittzy, you are the man! My cruise control works great and I would have pulled the rest of my hair out if it hadn't been for your generosity. Thank you again and I sure hope I'm able to return the favor sometime! It's raining cats and dogs here but I still took her out on the highway because I was so excited to get rid of that throttle lock. I was so excited, I drove off without a helmet (I planned on cruising the block and testing it and coming back) and my wife chewed my butt out when I pulled back in the garage. I asked for that one.:D

I will try to add a few photos later to help those with the Touring accelerator cable setup. I found an awful easy way to hook up the throttle cable with just the fittings in the box. Didn't even have to adjust it. Worked great right off the bat.

Once again, this forum is the place to be because the best people around always there to lend a hand!

magnets

Did the magnets come with the kit or did you have to order them separate?
DRND how did you mount your magnets if you do not have the ABS ring on your R3T?

They are actually just wire tied to the brake rotor for the time being. I'm going to probably epoxy them there for good. The magnet kit comes with 5 magnets. Only needed 2.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 133
Back