Rolling Thunder Memorial Celbration 2016

Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
Each year a few of my buddies celebrate the lives of our fallen brothers and sisters by gathering together and telling their story. We do this to coincide with Rolling Thunder and spend a few days in a back yard in Alexandria, VA.

This year, Mike showed up from Iowa and shared a few hours of his life under the shade trees. I am thankful for having my online friends join with those in person as it seems to complete the circle.
Mike.1.jpg
Mike.2.jpg

I won't belabor the size and number of bikes this year as that is always mind boggling. I will note two bikes there as one is quite historic, a WWII WLA with original paint and rust; still running and with a Thompson A1 in the scabbard.

WLA RT 5.29.16.jpg

The other is pulling a trailer with a German Sheppard named Princeton sitting happily inside. Princeton is an incredible well mannered fellow and obviously loves to ride.

Princeton.RT.2016.jpg

Each year a few of my buddies celebrate the lives of our fallen brothers and sisters by gathering together and telling their story. We do this to coincide with Rolling Thunder and spend a few days in a back yard in Alexandria, VA.

This year, Mike showed up from Iowa and shared a few hours of his life under the shade trees. I am thankful for having my online friends join with those in person as it seems to complete the circle.
Mike.1.jpg
Mike.2.jpg

I won't belabor the size and number of bikes this year as that is always mind boggling. I will note two bikes there as one is quite historic, a WWII WLA with original paint and rust; still running and with a Thompson A1 in the scabbard.

WLA RT 5.29.16.jpg

The other is pulling a trailer with a German Sheppard named Princeton sitting happily inside. Princeton is an incredible well mannered fellow and obviously loves to ride.

Princeton.RT.2016.jpg

GREAT POST BOOG..... God Bless our Vets & all of the Patriots who support them.

It's hard for me to decide which I love more, Patriotic Humans or Patriotic Dogs!!!!!!
Without the word Patriotic in front of it, there wouldn't even be a choice...... DOGS!!!!!!!

My thanks to Boog for the invite and MAJOR Kudos to the party hosts! Good people, music and more food than I even wanted to attempt to sample. Oh yeah, COLD beer! The gathering was another high point of a great weekend honoring our fallen.
The ride in and out of DC was good, especially in the lower Ohio river area on East thru the mountains. Riding Hwy 50 in WV and Md was quite a time, loved it. Never been on the Dragon, this has to be close. Went more North on the way home, not as twisty but beautiful country. Back in the flats now, no corn yet but soon!

Back