2016 Ural now home - fun

I think I read on the Soviet Steeds forum, there is a retired fellow who did the trip to Fairbanks in winter with his wife and dog. They left in November and made it by late January I think. They took the scenic route and stayed off the super slabs as much as possible. They went from Ill to somewhere east of the great lakes to begin with to visit family. Then paralleled the trans-Canadian highway. He upgraded the alternator and added a car battery in the trunk before leaving. The wife and pooch had a small heater in the tub and she was wrapped in a blanket. It is a good story all around if I can find it again, I'll share it.

I think I read on the Soviet Steeds forum, there is a retired fellow who did the trip to Fairbanks in winter with his wife and dog. They left in November and made it by late January I think. They took the scenic route and stayed off the super slabs as much as possible. They went from Ill to somewhere east of the great lakes to begin with to visit family. Then paralleled the trans-Canadian highway. He upgraded the alternator and added a car battery in the trunk before leaving. The wife and pooch had a small heater in the tub and she was wrapped in a blanket. It is a good story all around if I can find it again, I'll share it.
Auto plug in Electric seat warmers and 12volt heater/blowers are cheap as chips under $20.
One of the advantages of chairs with big boots/trunks, space for big batteries, I have an 85 amp hour deep cycle in my chair's boot.:cool: ;) :thumbsup:
Comparing Motorcycle part or accessory prices to auto stuff is like comparing the cost of men's clothing to women's for identical quality but actually even more material in most men's sizes than women's too!

Back