2016 Ural now home - fun

elcanaco

It ain't easy being me!
Ride
2008 Rocket III
I got home late this afternoon from picking up my 2016 Ural Gear Up Sahara sidecar rig (2200 kms, could be on the showroom floor) . It was a 1300 km drive there and back (using a UHaul auto transport trailer - worked really well) and is SOOOO ugly I’m in love with it already and can’t wait to get out there and have it disappoint me. The finish is what you would expect in the middle of WWII, well, maybe a hair better, not much but I bought it for a reason and we’ll see if I was smart.....or just wanted another toy. The future isn’t written. Photos if anyone wants to see it, and has a sense of humour

Ok, this is just a tease because reality and gravity SUCk!

F93C1F5C-78A2-4738-86F5-76AE364CD404.jpeg
E042F979-3218-47E3-BAF7-470D364576DD.jpeg

Nice, is that the driven 3rd wheel version sadly unavailable to us here in Oz with our chairs mounted on the left?

@elcanaco that is a clean looking GU. Can't wait to see you sideways on a mountainside with the pups (or maybe a fair maiden) in the tub.
I have been saving my lunch money for awhile to get a Ural as well. I do not need the 2wd like you have but may go that way anyhow as there are more of them than the single drive models; at least around Virginia. You mention your reason for it, mine is so I don't have to drive the cage if it ever snow here again. Only lost a single day of work commute to icy roads this winter, but who knows, we are due for a big snow again. Good luck with your desert sled, I look forward to seeing and hearing about your fun to come.

When I seriously started looking for a sidecar, initially I wanted to hook a sidecar to an existing bike, most likely the Explorer but then thought nah, get a rig that is MADE to be sidecar. The single reason for getting one is my lady had a stroke June past and will never be able to throw a leg over a regular bike again and back in the day (10 years ago) she loved riding with me. We just reconnected by chance 3 months ago but are a team til the end now. She’s a positive person and has made HUGE strides in recovery and has always wanted to ride Alaska SOOO this is a possibility. I climbed in and out of the sidecar yesterday and TO ME that isn’t an easy thing to do but we’ll make it work and I’ll modify what I have to. I’ve had four Harley’s, 3 of them big baggers and I’ve always thought of Harley’s as top notch for fit and finish. Whatever the bench mark is in that regard, this Ural is BELOW it, like minus something, and I don’t care ‍♂️ She gets licenced and insured today so later I’m heading to the church parking lot at the end of my street to practice ‘flying the chair’. If you don’t hear from me again, the rig toppled over me and I’m toast!

Very cool. I've always found the Ural's interesting. They are definitely bad arz bikes. I've seen the videos of these things being tested in snow, rough terrain, etc., and it's pretty amazing what they can do.

Back