Rocket X #493 - Reporting to the Forums :D

You just offended me!!! Comparing the Rocket to a Ford, shame on you. There is a reason that Ford make a Harley Davidson model truck, it's because they are like HDs! :mad:
And here I thought you had good Taste .............. but then you did come from Newcastle didn't you:whitstling::p:roll::roll::roll:

What can I say @HansO, I owned a Ford once, for nearly two months, glad to be out of it. I now drive an All American Chevy Camaro - designed in Australia and built in Canada. :D

The Ford I owned was terrible - it was a XE Falcon. 3 years old and the firewall had rusted through the vents - a common problem I was told. I would own a mustang tho

Welcome!
I too am a Newbie to the R3 experience. I see you brought some of the "Adventurer" culture with you as well. (IE:TWO Ram-X mounts for a fully "Device" laden cockpit.):rolleyes: :laugh:

Link Removed

No worries! I'm still occasionally downshifting when there is no earthly or practical reason for it :laugh:

A beautiful acquisition; enjoy!
You still have the sticker on the tank! Get it off of there!

Mo,

Welcome from Oregon, USA. Another recent buyer of a R3R.

The pegs do have a nice feature, and that is replaceable scrapers. As far as the X version, it apparently really is a limited edition, although that description is placed on just about everything. I am guess. My tendency would be to keep it pretty stock.

I know what you mean about a good fit. I am 6'5" as well. I was only just moving out of the dealership lot on a 14 mile test ride loop along the river. I did not even make it to the first stop sign before I knew I was going to buy the bike. It sold itself, with no assistance from the salesman. My 2008 Goldwing had plenty of power, but I expect the Rocket might be described as having a massive excess of power. Much like the Goldwing, gears do not really mean that much. I am of the impression that fifth gear, for my type of riding is spot on for the torque curve. Fifty mph to eighty-five is more of a telepathic sort of a thing than any twist of the throttle. Getting the windshield fitted tomorrow, which will be nice, although I don't think it will add to the appearance.

Up and down the hills to our house is in the 32-34 mpg range. On the open road, I am seeing mid forties. I think the windshield will improve that a bit.

I wanted more legroom than the Goldwing. The Rocket with highway bars and adjustable pegs delivers that just fine.

Enjoy your "X". I pretty much like all the colors over the years. Yours has a pretty unique paint job. But I like the gloss black with red racing stripes.

Regards...

The Ford I owned was terrible - it was a XE Falcon. 3 years old and the firewall had rusted through the vents - a common problem I was told. I would own a mustang tho

The Ford cars after 1971 were Shiieet , give me old steel every time, and Mustangs are like A holes everyone has one, I did have 3 Commodore V8s when Ford stopped making good cars and they were I must admit OK
but no good for towing anything bigger than a box trailer,

G'd Day Ladies and Gents...

After lurking for quite some time, i finally decided to man up, bite the bullet and pick up an X!!!

Coming from the Adventure Bike Scene having owned 3 different bikes over the last two years, the switch to a muscle cruiser is quite a radical change, especially from someone who loves twisties and spirited riding, while absolutely despizing Chrome trim and Harley Davidson (with no offence to anyone who has one... Just not my cup of tea).

Our BMW/KTM dealer also carries Triumph (along with Ducati, Aprilia/Piaggio, and Moto Guzzi).. Prior to the Rocket, i had a 2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure - It was generally a horrible experience as it was plagued with the dreaded front wheel wobble issue which seems to be common with these new full size KTM adventure bikes. The issue was highlighted a few days into my ownership and the dealership initiated the investigation of finding the root cause (with no luck - more on that later).

I had secretly been admiring the Rocket 3 Roadster but thought it wouldnt fit my bill being a cruiser and keeping in mind my previous view on the latter. Anyhow, the KTM went in for its first service and i was offered a 2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster to demo.. Being 6'5 300lbs, i felt at home as soon as i rode out of the dealership.

The research began right away and my mind was set on a Rocket X but i either wanted one of the first or last 10 produced and they could only offer #463, or #436. One day, i got a call from the salesperson i deal with and she informed me that they got #493 in and the deal was done right away! The KTM was traded in.

I've only managed to log around 100 miles on the bike and my observations are as follow. The character is second to none.. Compared tot he 2014 i demoed which had the original Triumph Windscreen, wind seems to be an issue with the stock rocket x windshield however, fitting the accessory windscreen will hurt the X's appearance; which takes us to my next issue. My other bike is a 2014 Kawasaki ZX14R and i am in love with the power that thing puts out even stock as it currently is... I would like to slightly modify the Rocket, perhaps a Reband black exhaust and tune but am worried again about hurting the appearance... What are your thoughts on this? shall i get used to it stock or venture off and has any rocket X owner started modifying? Lastly.. in 100 miles, i've managed to scrape the pegs 3 times (mostly on the right side).. Has anyone fitted higher clearance pegs of some sort? i am not looking for SS lean angles but would like an extra 2 inches or so.

My apologeis for the long post... I always get carried away with introductions especially after lurking for so long.. Looking forward to interacting more on this board and getting better acquainted with you lot.

Mo

Welcome from Canada I'm 107

hi mister I'm 107

Only 500 of us on this page

Chris legged is the administrator of the page tell him I found you he will get you in

Take care

Michel

Last edited:
Back