Rocket vs Potholes

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I rode the FBG back to work after my lunch break on Thursday of this week. The temps were in the upper 40's and the sun was doing it's thing for the first time in quite awhile. Other than the road sand/salt the only other major obstacle I encountered were giant ass potholes. Here in the Commonwealth of Virginia our entire state budget for road repair has been diverted to snow removal thanks to all of that global warming 20+ inches of snow we have received. I am sure I saw a couple of those Smart Cars at the bottom of a couple of craters I passed. It is going to be a dangerous spring riding season for us snow hammered folks this year. Be careful all...........

Well your not alone.
We have craters here in the south as well.
I told rainman today when we were going to do some riding that we had to watch out for the potholes.
One pot hole hit hard and you and your bike are pretty well messed up.
I hope OBAMA-ASS can find some money to fix the roads:eek:

So far so good in South Central PA. I've been riding all winter with the exception of last week and early this week. We are known for bad roads, but haven't seen a pot hole yet!! ;)

Roads are pretty trashed here too.
Even the potholes have potholes in them.
Snow thaw snow thaw snow thaw,
ain't global warming nice.
Wish al gore had that stuck where the sun don't shine,
But then again,
maybe in his world of global warming, it does...:rolleyes:

Yeah, so far in Delaware it's not the pot holes, it's the **** ice bumps. You know, the places where the snow and ice have not melted and stick up 6 inches. the **** things jump up out of nowhere and BANG!

Back