When I dumped the oil out of the fork tube, it was a bright red... ATF fluid?

How many Rocket owners use ATF in their front forks?

Leading links would be ideal, but if not available, will look at extension tubes for forks. Gaining ground clearance is the objective.
Thank you for confirming that going with 13.5" rear shocks would not be a problem.

You are already well familiar with hacks, especially with your front end setup on the Strom. DMC Sidecar in Enumclaw used to extend the triple trees out to change the trail. The guy who fabricated them is no longer available so the owner, Jay, primarily uses leading legs now, which I have on my DL650. They are a bit funky to mount though with very close clearances. He also does the leading links on the Beemers I believe, a much pricier option.
VFW Show (1632 x 1224).jpg

Leading legs.jpg

BTW, good looking rig.

@CCjon that camping setup is waaaay cool. I too am interested in watching your project, but not qualified to offer any advice.

There is a fellow near me in Greenville, SC, Bog Myszkowski‎, who has a page Motorcycle Sidecar on Facebook (closed group).

He lists Paul Bryant as a friend, so for all I know he may already be a part of this group. Anyway, it might be worth contacting him.

Here's the photo he uses on the homepage of the motorcycle sidecar page on FB - I hope he won't mind my sharing it here to promote his page....

12183863_1045369138846669_3986397443188410964_o.jpg

I didn't know you were a hack kind of guy Tripps. They are fun but I'll probably be selling mine because I barely ride it anymore.

Back