britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I just returned from about a 100 mile run up north to pick up the K&N filter to do the under the tank system. I am going to turn the air box into my mad money and **** stash. Should be enough room to last a life time. Prior to getting into pure traffic hell known as Northern Va. the interstate does have some open road. You had better be running at least 70MPH or you will die. The Rocket is truly an amazing machine in this enviroment. It will run all day at speeds of 80 or better and not even breath hard. I have just installed the roadster screen and although I am tall I think it does a good job at high speeds. The bike has such size to it it just feels good running like bat out of hell. With all of my prior bikes I would avoid the interstate if at all possible. The R/3 says bring them on, but also feels right at home on a good winding back country road. This is one **** fine motorcycle!!!

Last edited:
Just courious britman, what did the RU5111 cost you at a place which had them in stock? I ordered one on line the other day & payed about $38 total for filter, tax & shipping. Did I get taken?
Let me know if the performance is any different. Probably not much difference, but just as you stated, I'm excited for the "glove box" concept.

See ya.

rusty,
You didn't get taken. I paid $36.00 and change across the counter. The dealer just happened to have one in stock from a return. I called around and they ranged in price from $30.00 to $40.00 when ordered. I won't get to it this weekend, I have a wine tasting Saturday, thank you very much one of the wifes' good friends who happens to be able to grow grapes in her back yard.(Big deal, I can grow dog poo in mine.) There is going to be a cooler and beer attending also. Sunday the kid herd will be coming over, they never really leave home. Anyway you may get to yours before me, but I'll update when I finally get a chance to install.

Multi-poo

Toystoretom said:
Bwahahahaha.... I can grow dog poo in mine also:roll:

We do multi-poo. Dog poo, cat poo, 'possum poo, 'coon poo, bat poo and lots of horse poo.

Seems like every time I drive the tractor to the barn, I wind up with squished poo deposits on the wheels.:(

I like Britmans use for the filter can/glove box, **** receptacle. I'm always looking for a good spot for my smut mags that my wife can't find and I think I've found it.:bch:

Under the tank K&N

I installed the K&N under the tank late Sunday night. Only took a couple of Coors lights time wise. Did a 12 minute tune and she is running great. I don't see much added power or noise but the added storage space is great. Thanks for the info Pig9r.

Back