Rocket needs to see the doctor

Mark Graham

.040 Over
Ride
20 Triumph Rocket GT. 20 Kawasaki Z H2. 16 KTM
Have had the carpenter 210 kit on the bike for a few months and just received the sidewinder exhaust. I tested the bike out today and was up to 100 mph and started slowing down and the bike died and I coasted to a stop sign. I tried starting the bike again but it sounded like something was really slipping when the starter turned over.

Any ideas on what may have happened? The major concern was why did it die after slowing down.

Hopefully it isn't something major as this bike sure has ran extremely well using the auto tuner and a table from HansO.

Thanks

Mark Graham

Very sorry to hear this and hope it is NOT related to the Carp Kit.
Above my pay grade - hopefully @warp9.9 will soon toddle along.

Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm hoping it will be minor and not be a big issue. It was a royal pain in the ass pushing the rocket back home. I was about a mile from home. 2 people stopped to ask if I was out of gas and one offered to push it to his house and he would load it up later and bring it to me. I ended up pushing it up a hill and about a block from home was offered help to finish the journey.

I wish I had ran out of gas as this would have been a simple fix.

Very sorry to hear this and hope it is NOT related to the Carp Kit.
Above my pay grade - hopefully @warp9.9 will soon toddle along.

I am curious as to whether your 05 has had the update kit installed in it? Also what pipe did you have before the sidewinder?

Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm hoping it will be minor and not be a big issue. It was a royal pain in the ass pushing the rocket back home. I was about a mile from home. 2 people stopped to ask if I was out of gas and one offered to push it to his house and he would load it up later and bring it to me. I ended up pushing it up a hill and about a block from home was offered help to finish the journey.

I wish I had ran out of gas as this would have been a simple fix.

I ALWAYS carry AAA!
Gives me or anyone I'm riding with up to 6 tows for up to 100 miles per year.

I had a dealer install the heads and he did say that there was an ECU update. I had the TORS before the sidewinders.

I am curious as to whether your 05 has had the update kit installed in it? Also what pipe did you have before the sidewinder?

Didn't even think of AAA. I have this also for the autos and bikes.

Be sure to get the RV option so the bike goes on a flatbed and not hung dangling behind some standard tow truck. :thumbsup:
Absolutely well worth the money and your friends will LOVE you even more! :D
Over the past 10 years, I generally use 3 to all 6 of my tows.
Then again I do ride with Harley friends! :eek: :roll: :p

It is the RV option that I have. I should use it instead of throwing the money away

Be sure to get the RV option so the bike goes on a flatbed and not hung dangling behind some standard tow truck. :thumbsup:
Absolutely well worth the money and your friends will LOVE you even more! :D
Over the past 10 years, I generally use 3 to all 6 of my tows.
Then again I do ride with Harley friends! :eek: :roll: :p

Back