Found 6 brand new here in Oz...did not realise there were still new ones for sale. Just shows that they are really not known to the general motorcycle population.
If I had the money...maybe I should start a kickstarter campaign, “Buy Jason a new Rocket”
By the time you raise a deposit it will be for a Jason Recliner matey! ;):p:D

upload_2019-8-25_17-55-26.jpeg

Large displacement bikes of any make are not selling well. Modern trend is mid size displacement. Guess the C.C. race is over. Time will tell with the New Rocket but believe it will sell about the same or even less than the old Rocket.

met up with a harley rider at the gas station yesterday started talking to me about my R3 asked me my gas mileage told him 30 to 35 on highway he started to brag he got 50 mpg shut him up by telling him even at 80 to 90 mph give it gas it has enough to get out of the way right now not 5 minutes later.he asked how fast I had it up to told him he looked surprised asked where /what road I was on told him it dont take 8 miles to get up to speed like a slow harley,did not make a friend on that visit

met up with a harley rider at the gas station yesterday started talking to me about my R3 asked me my gas mileage told him 30 to 35 on highway he started to brag he got 50 mpg shut him up by telling him even at 80 to 90 mph give it gas it has enough to get out of the way right now not 5 minutes later.he asked how fast I had it up to told him he looked surprised asked where /what road I was on told him it dont take 8 miles to get up to speed like a slow harley,did not make a friend on that visit
Stock it may get close to 50 mpg. They are tuned from the factory to run very lean. After even the slightest modifications and a proper tune the mileage drops dramatically. Plus it has to take premium gas. $$$$$$$$$$ :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Quickie69 just had his dyno tuned Friday with a solid 140hp/145fp torque. Unfortunately it no longer belongs to me so I don't get to experience it.

All big bikes seem to be going for low prices these days, especially Harleys and Indians

Used Harley market has been flooded for about 10 years. There is a Yamaha/ Indian, former Victory dealer near me who has a football field sized used bike showroom 90% filled with Harley’s. Guy I talked to said none of the banks he deals with will finance anything over 4-5 years old. It’s a lot of inventory to have sitting around. Must be 300+ bikes in that showroom.

Stock it may get close to 50 mpg. They are tuned from the factory to run very lean. After even the slightest modifications and a proper tune the mileage drops dramatically. Plus it has to take premium gas. $$$$$$$$$$ :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Actually mine gets better mileage after modifications. Stock mine was 38-40 mpg. With mods and tune, now 42-44 mpg. But I do need to put in 91 premium. :D

Not referring to the Rocket. Am referring to the Harley twin cam.

I don't know what is Sonny , but after three pretty way kool Harleys, and resolving never to have another, I still miss having one.

Lunatic, after Nels tuned Cam's Touring, he's getting significantly better mileage. One of the changes Nels did was to modify the TuneECU tune from having the secondaries lifted all the time to lifting in 3-5 gears

Back