Great looking trailer. If you would like to keep it I recommend getting a GPS tracker for when it gets stolen. Trailers are the #1 theft target in the US because they are easy to steal and like Craker Jacks there's a surprise inside. I use GPS and Track (Home - GPS Tracking). My first trailer was not so equipped and it was stolen from a locked and monitored public storage facility. I mounted the tracker on the roof of my new trailer and the waterproof case proved to be not so waterproof after a snow, the company replaced it no cost (including returning the old unit) so I mounted it inside the trailer. Works like a charm.

I went with E-tracks on the new trailer but I had a Lock and Load in the old one that I really liked. It locked the front wheel to the chock allowing the suspension to operate freely while on the go.

ok I'm getting a lock-and-load, now I need a trailer@

Well I finally broke down and got a trailer to haul a bike. I've always ridden everywhere and had no use for a trailer unless I broke down and needed a lift. But I was younger too. And tolerated the heat better. Anyway, I wanted something small enough to tow behind the Jeep. I looked and looked at used trailers of all kind. Custom ones, standups, aluminum ones, 12" and 13" wheels, overpriced and worn out. Nothing I was happy with.
I came across this little 5x8 v-nose toy box brand new for less than some of those used trailers. Brand new 15" tires. I need to relocate the spare and put a wheel chock and some d-rings down. An added benefit is the Jeep has limited storage anyway so gives me room for gear.

Rocket box.jpeg
RocketRoll.jpeg
Rock box.jpeg
How much do you figure to build for a DIY?

Thanks guys. Yeah, I don't want it stolen for sure. I swung by Harbor Freight today and looked at what they had. Not sure about those Pittsburg wheel chocks they had. Box said may not fit some wide wheels. A 180 front is about as wide as they come. They did have some 5 foot e-track at $22 a piece. But I've never used that and don't have any of the e-track straps. Could be an option though.
I did pick up a new trailer jack that rotates out of the way of the Jeeps spare tire. It has wheels instead of a flat foot so I can roll it around too.
Hi Stingray
You have a pic of the trailer jack please? You mean like the double wheel one or the dolly? Thanks
CrazyX
(xian)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_005231.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_005231.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20221230_005203.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_005203.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Looks like it will work.
MaxxHaul.jpeg

I'll move the spare tire mount to the back and bolt everything down.
Drings.jpeg

Blew an old tire moving another load of hay. I was lucky on those E rated Light Truck tires. I put some brand new 16 ply G Trailer tires on it today.
flat tire.jpeg
hay rig.jpeg
Hey Stingray
What's the size of 'em tires on your trailer please?

CrazyX
(xian)

Hey Stingray
What's the size of 'em tires on your trailer please?

CrazyX
(xian)
It has 15" wheels with the ST205/75R15 tires. The jack is just like the first one in your post. It swings up 90' with the double wheels. I don't think it would be hard to build one, just use light material.

Well I finally broke down and got a trailer to haul a bike. I've always ridden everywhere and had no use for a trailer unless I broke down and needed a lift. But I was younger too. And tolerated the heat better. Anyway, I wanted something small enough to tow behind the Jeep. I looked and looked at used trailers of all kind. Custom ones, standups, aluminum ones, 12" and 13" wheels, overpriced and worn out. Nothing I was happy with.
I came across this little 5x8 v-nose toy box brand new for less than some of those used trailers. Brand new 15" tires. I need to relocate the spare and put a wheel chock and some d-rings down. An added benefit is the Jeep has limited storage anyway so gives me room for gear.

Rocket box.jpeg
RocketRoll.jpeg
Rock box.jpeg
Nice!

Great looking trailer. If you would like to keep it I recommend getting a GPS tracker for when it gets stolen. Trailers are the #1 theft target in the US because they are easy to steal and like Craker Jacks there's a surprise inside. I use GPS and Track (Home - GPS Tracking). My first trailer was not so equipped and it was stolen from a locked and monitored public storage facility. I mounted the tracker on the roof of my new trailer and the waterproof case proved to be not so waterproof after a snow, the company replaced it no cost (including returning the old unit) so I mounted it inside the trailer. Works like a charm.

I went with E-tracks on the new trailer but I had a Lock and Load in the old one that I really liked. It locked the front wheel to the chock allowing the suspension to operate freely while on the go.

Lost my brand new $7000 aluminum trailer last year right out of my driveway! Lucky I had insurance so my loss was only $500...bastards!

Back