Buck Mossie

Man of the People
Ride
2007 Carpenterized Classic
Not my video, and I have no other information... Any ideas what caused the loss of control on this R3???

It looked like he was on the rear brake before it all happened, and he may have gotten onto the painted stripes at the same time, it is too hard to tell for sure. But given the guys prior crossing of the paint, it is feasible. But I believe the bottom line is he used too much rear brakes, of which the R3 has plenty of.

bob

eta: after stepping through it, it looks like he was not on the paint with his rear, possibly his front though.

wow, s h i t goes south fast don't it. The guy popped back up but when the adrenalin wears off I bet he's gonna feel it. One of my favorite things about my triumphs from 60's and 70's was whenever I let 1 slide out from under me at speed all I had to do was go pick it up kick it over and climb back on. My dyna slid out at 20 mph and the bill was 7200. 1500 for a gas tank!! That probably hurt his pride and wallet more than anything. it's good for me to be reminded of the price of admission once in awhile and it looks like the man landed soft so who knows, he might have been ck'n his mirror going into the turn and bam. thanks for the post.

Clearly out of his depth. Crossing the centre line ect...never looked comfortable from the get go, probably feeling the pressure, thinking he had to keep in front of a less powerful but some what more agile speed triple. Ride like a dumass and this is what will happen... that's my 2cents..

Don't mean to sound mean and hate to see anyone crash ever but with his terrible riding skills, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Definitely looked like a back brake lock up to me. But he had a lot of skill issues that could've contributed.

I hate seeing accidents, but it looks like when he went down he got ahead and away of the bike. That's a good thing. I sure hope he turned out alright :(

Back