Rocket 3R VS GT wheel Rim price difference - can anyone explain

sunny

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R LIMITED EDITION
so I called dealer
Rocket 3 R WHEEL RIMS for any year, any variant starting 2020 up to 2022 are 1000 USD 16 x 7.5 and out of stock ETA unknown for very long time from triumph.

but

Rocket 3 GT wheel rims are 400 USD same size 16 x 7.5 and 4 weeks ETA before it comes in stock.

I do not understand and the dealer was also surprised to see the price difference when I asked him.

I need an extra RIM so I can easily swap wheels with older avon tire for burn out and other stuff.

Any idea, why GT RIM is almost 60% less price than 3R wheel RIM ?

image.png

Thanks

My guess would be volume.
Meaning that there are more GT rims produced than the R variant, so the price to triumph from the supplier is different ........and/or....... there is an over stock of GR wheels for some reason and warehousing doesn't come for free, so Triumph could be actively trying to lower stocks on GT wheels, hence offering a discount.
Just a guess...

are you certain that the lower quote isn't for a bare bones wheel, and the higher price includes a complete rear assembly???
yes, I am sure, I have to part numbers for both the RIMs and i looked up the part numbers and the part numbers are only for RIM and not the assembly :)

Ok, I still expect an error in the system - but here it is identical:

- R: 971,49 €
- GT: 507,77 €
- R black: 971,49 €
- GT black: 971,49 €

Back