Rocket 3 GT / iPhone / Cardo Freecom 2+ => no navigation announcement

Robert M. Münch

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 GT
I once had the setup Rocket 3 GT, iPhone, and Cardo Freecom 2+ running together so that I could use the Triumph app for navigation, see the pictograms on the display, and hear the navigation announcements in the helmet, and could still talk to the pillion passenger.

Something changed then, and I haven't been able to get the setup to work again since then. Maybe someone can tell me their pairing setup or does someone see a problem in my setup?

I have:
* iPhone coupled with GT => works because the navigation system is running
* Freecom 2+ coupled with GT => is displayed in the menu
* Both Freecoms 2+ are coupled with each other => partner talk works
* Notes for GPS activated on the GT

But there is no navigation announcement ... if I remember correctly when it was still working, I had not paired the iPhone with the Freecom. Or do I have to do that too?

Without announcements, it is unfortunately very tedious with the navigation system, as I can barely see the pictograms, but not the distance information at all.

You know a click up on the joystick with Nav selected mutes and unmutes the announcements? Works for me, but then I don't have a paired passenger headset. That shouldn't matter as they pair to each other, the 2nd headset is not connected to the bike.

Yes, I know the mute/unmute stuff. Whereas, I'm always confused if it shows the current status or the status after the action ;-) However, when using the joystick, the sound changes on the phone too.

I have another suspicion: I connected the Freecom with channel 2 to the Triumph BT while used channel 1 to connect it to the iPhone. I checked, and the connection between the headset and the iPhone isn't established automatically, only when I use the Cardo app.

Going to connect the headset via channel 1 to the Triumph BT.

It shows the action you are going to take by clicking it, i.e. the status after the action.

Also, once paired my headset has no additional connection directly to my phone. If needed I can alter its settings directly using the buttons, or via PC (where I can still do upgrades).

Back