Rocket 3 discontinued (fails emissions tests)

rickwats

Standard Bore
Just been to my dealer (Destination Triumph, Fareham in the UK).... He said that the Rocket 3 and some other Triumph bikes fail the Euro (4 ?) emissions tests... so the bike is no longer in production!!

(I had the 2005 rocket for 40,000 miles and the 2011 roadster fo r 20,000...both trouble free)

(the Triumph Trophy which I now have ...also fails the tests).

My dealer about says that the Roadster that he has in stock is the last one off the production line. Price is 13,900 pounds. Picture is attached of it.

2016-07-27  the last rocket 3.jpg

Sounds like a sales pitch...

Dealer
: oh I see you're mildly interested in that Rocket 3

Customer: yeah I was thinking of buying one

Dealer: hmm the rocket is failing the new EU emissions regs so triumph have stopped making them... so that one right there is the last of its kind....

Customer: shut up and take my money!

Been told the same by two major dealers - they believe that what is out there will appreciate in value as there is an end of production due to emissions rules. Great news for any owners ( same happened to GSX 1400 - look what a good one fetches now) but not so great if looking to purchase. Time will tell...

This is good news. Good news that they are going to either be forced to develop a new Rocket III with Throttle by wire/cruise control and a more efficient motor!

There are a whole load of bikes that will disappear due to Euro4. It´s not that big a surprise. If they do develop a new R3 - It´ll almost certainly have to be tamper-proof. More efficient - Well Diesel then.

Back