blip

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
so I am the proud new owner of a rocket III roadster. I used to ride a R3T but have decided to see how the other half lives :)

I am interested in understanding what everyone does for wind protection. I tried ridding with the stock windshield and the clearview but actually prefer it without a windshield.

I was planning on the fleetliner fairing from corbin. does that work for people? Do you still get turbulence or updraft? Has anyone fitted an inner fairing for extra comforts?

For my everyday riding I use the small fly screen

Last summer at RAA 9 I rode 2700 miles with the Roadster Windshield

This year at RAA 10.5 I rode 2300 miles with just the fly screen

Frankly I never missed the Windshield at all on this last trip.

I may never put it on the bike again

Bug screen if you want protection and look cool , everything else if you want protection but look like a fuddy-duddy.......

Bug screen if you want protection and look cool , everything else if you want protection but look like a fuddy-duddy.......

When you get a little more age on you, M8, you shall realize that "riding with the little man" on your chest will cause soreness to the neck, shoulders and back.
Particularly so when speed increases and the "little man" grows heavier.
I never used a shield until I was forced into my 60s. Day rides of 300 miles or so are fine = no shield. It is the day to day riding of a long trip (11,500 and 6,500 mile) that now gets to me.
The Riding Raisin

so I am the proud new owner of a rocket III roadster. I used to ride a R3T but have decided to see how the other half lives :)

I am interested in understanding what everyone does for wind protection. I tried ridding with the stock windshield and the clearview but actually prefer it without a windshield.

I was planning on the fleetliner fairing from corbin. does that work for people? Do you still get turbulence or updraft? Has anyone fitted an inner fairing for extra comforts?

Ear plugs.

I have the Triumph windshield and used it to ride across the continent and back last year. I noticed some buffeting but got used to it. ( or didn't know any better).I took it off in the spring and left it off all summer then recently reinstalled it for autumn and the colder months. Did a ride down to Newcastle and back, ( approx 400km each way) and couldn't stand the buffeting and the way the cross wind got in behind it and wanted to shift the front end about. Took it off half way home and stowed it in the sidecar immediately felt better. I doubt I'll put it back on.

Hmmm ......
Initially I thought that the flyscreen woulden't do much for wind and was just for looks.
Seems like you guys find it makes a difference eh?

I find with my full face I am cool without wind protection at most speeds but with the skull cap, it can get a little hairy.

Back