Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
Because this forum has world wide reach, and some of us are riding everyday. I thought it would be good to start a thread on general safety. Here we go with a message from the West Bury Constable:

Feel free to add any safety related message, video or poster.

The people who drive with everything hanging off the mirror should be put up against the wall and shot(not really) as the rozzer showed in the video it is easy for bikes and not just bikes to be invisible to other road users, while on the subject -remember and keep scanning as you are riding, you only have a 3deg view of true focus so keep scanning

The people who drive with everything hanging off the mirror should be put up against the wall and shot(not really) as the rozzer showed in the video it is easy for bikes and not just bikes to be invisible to other road users, while on the subject -remember and keep scanning as you are riding, you only have a 3deg view of true focus so keep scanning

I drove my daughter in laws car last week, she has a CD, ribbons,etc hanging off her review mirror. After about 6 blocks I pulled over and took it all off, the constant movement and flashes was very distracting, don't know how she is aware of anything happening in the right front quadrant.

I played a game with my kids when they were young: who can count the most motorcycles. Then we went to one counts all the black bike, and another counts all the different colored bikes. I had heard this young teaching point helps them look out for motorcycles as they start their own driving.

@Dr.D That is no panacea. I remember more than once in my early days using that approach (and I still do to some extent - a matter of survival in the traffic of northern Virginia) ass-u-ming I was the fastest, and pulling in front of or nearly into someone overtaking.

Even when faster than most, still no substitute for having one's head on a swivel.

@Dr.D That is no panacea. I remember more than once in my early days using that approach (and I still do to some extent - a matter of survival in the traffic of northern Virginia) ass-u-ming I was the fastest, and pulling in front of or nearly into someone overtaking.

Even when faster than most, still no substitute for having one's head on a swivel.
I hear ya and it was mostly a joke. I’m always evaluating the road and other vehicles. To much speed is not really safe.

Back