Rizoma Club led indicator install (w/pics)

FISH22

.020 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 R
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Wanted to share this led project on my '21 R3R with anyone interested in swapping out the giant indicators (US market). It's a very straight forward job, and with the right parts, it's 100% plug n play. I shared some of these pictures on the Facebook page, and I've seen interest in the past on there as to what resistors should be used to keep the bike happy. Here's a rundown on what I purchased:

-Rizoma Club led indicators (each one comes with 2 resistors)
-Rizoma pigtail electrical wire adaptors
-Motogadget stem adaptors

I've toyed with a few different led indicator setups on my last Thruxton R, and Rizoma always provide such a top quality piece, so Rizoma was a no-brainer. The tricky part is always figuring out how many resistors need to be installed inline, or if any at all. I approached this project like I did on my Thruxton R (almost certain it's a CANBUS system like the 20/21 Rocket). I'll give a brief overview and insert some pictures for reference.

On my Thruxton, I had two resistors installed on the front (one per side), but none out back. This nailed down any blinkers issues on that bike, and did the same on the Rocket. Thankfully there is tons of room under the front fly screen to take on more hardware and wires. The rear is a bit tricky if you still have the factory mud guard/plate setup. I was able to tuck the full length of wire from the Rizoma setup, but opted out the use of the resistors. Sure enough, it worked. Turn signals work as they should and so do the hazards (no fast blinker). Obviously, every make of led indicator may come with different results, but figured this could give most a ballpark idea of what you're getting into and what things look like once opened up (especially the rat's nest in the front). For their size, the Club is a VERY bright and noticeable indicator. Strongly recommend them.

Let me know if there are any questions! On to some random pictures;

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4628.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

Just curious if you actually need the large 6 Ohm 50W resistor with the lights. I thought the turn signals were already LEDs and the relay would have been set to that fact (i.e. a turn signal relay that doesn't require the load resistor for timing / no fast blinking).

I fully expect to be wrong but it would have been my first assumptions.

There have been varied reports of success on the Facebook group. Some led indicators shut the canbus circuit down and aren’t useable (Triumph’s scrolling indicators for example), some have required resistors, and some are plug-n-play.

Just curious if you actually need the large 6 Ohm 50W resistor with the lights. I thought the turn signals were already LEDs and the relay would have been set to that fact (i.e. a turn signal relay that doesn't require the load resistor for timing / no fast blinking).

Thanks for the walkthrough. They look great!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Wanted to share this led project on my '21 R3R with anyone interested in swapping out the giant indicators (US market). It's a very straight forward job, and with the right parts, it's 100% plug n play. I shared some of these pictures on the Facebook page, and I've seen interest in the past on there as to what resistors should be used to keep the bike happy. Here's a rundown on what I purchased:

-Rizoma Club led indicators (each one comes with 2 resistors)
-Rizoma pigtail electrical wire adaptors
-Motogadget stem adaptors

I've toyed with a few different led indicator setups on my last Thruxton R, and Rizoma always provide such a top quality piece, so Rizoma was a no-brainer. The tricky part is always figuring out how many resistors need to be installed inline, or if any at all. I approached this project like I did on my Thruxton R (almost certain it's a CANBUS system like the 20/21 Rocket). I'll give a brief overview and insert some pictures for reference.

On my Thruxton, I had two resistors installed on the front (one per side), but none out back. This nailed down any blinkers issues on that bike, and did the same on the Rocket. Thankfully there is tons of room under the front fly screen to take on more hardware and wires. The rear is a bit tricky if you still have the factory mud guard/plate setup. I was able to tuck the full length of wire from the Rizoma setup, but opted out the use of the resistors. Sure enough, it worked. Turn signals work as they should and so do the hazards (no fast blinker). Obviously, every make of led indicator may come with different results, but figured this could give most a ballpark idea of what you're getting into and what things look like once opened up (especially the rat's nest in the front). For their size, the Club is a VERY bright and noticeable indicator. Strongly recommend them.

Let me know if there are any questions! On to some random pictures;

Great point. They very well could function just fine without the resistor. I figured since there’s so much room in the front, just throw them in there for a precaution so I didn’t have to open the front again.

Working with those type of resistors in the past they get HOT, cut them out you shouldn't need them being the system is already set up for LEDs, and controlled via a relay.

I was looking at their sequential indicators, anyone think they would cause issues? It looks like this whole setup would cost about $500USD!!! But I have not spent any money on bike in several days :) Also curious, are the adapters sold in pairs? or do you buy 4? Is there a reason you did not buy the Rizoma Triumph adaptors?

Attachments

• rizomaadaptors.jpg
    rizomaadaptors.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I was looking at their sequential indicators, anyone think they would cause issues? It looks like this whole setup would cost about $500USD!!! But I have not spent any money on bike in several days :) Also curious, are the adapters sold in pairs? or do you buy 4? Is there a reason you did not buy the Rizoma Triumph adaptors?
A member of the Facebook group has installed those Rizoma sequential indicators. He said that he had to use one of the supplied resistors to make it work.

1609340921599.png

With that said, another Facebook member bought some sequential indicators on eBay for $20 (total, for all four) and they worked plug-n-play, no resistors needed.

Back