Rizoma Club led indicator install (w/pics)

Depends on the bike too. Sometimes they (FB) refer to the old Rocket IIIs rather than the new Rocket 3. The old one needed the load resistor, the new one I doubt needs it. FYI - it was about the relay, nothing to do with a CanBus or reading of the lights (like on a BMW).

Depends on the bike too. Sometimes they (FB) refer to the old Rocket IIIs rather than the new Rocket 3. The old one needed the load resistor, the new one I doubt needs it. FYI - it was about the relay, nothing to do with a CanBus or reading of the lights (like on a BMW).
You would think but that's not the case. The gentleman with the sequential Rizoma's needed one resistor to clear the fault indicator. The Triumph sequential indicators won't work as a plug-n-play. The canbus shuts the circuit down after a couple of scrolls if you install them without resistors. After ten seconds it resets and tries again. If you add a resistor, the indicators work normally when the bike is turned on. However, it throws fault codes if you start the motor and the canbus shuts the circuit down. For whatever reason, this canbus does not automatically adjust to the signals that are installed-even if they're LED.

Note that the original promotional material for the bike claimed that sequential indicators are available as an option but they've backtracked on that. They aren't available and Triumph USA couldn't tell me why.

You would think but that's not the case. The gentleman with the sequential Rizoma's needed one resistor to clear the fault indicator. The Triumph sequential indicators won't work as a plug-n-play. The canbus shuts the circuit down after a couple of scrolls if you install them without resistors. After ten seconds it resets and tries again. If you add a resistor, the indicators work normally when the bike is turned on. However, it throws fault codes if you start the motor and the canbus shuts the circuit down. For whatever reason, this canbus does not automatically adjust to the signals that are installed-even if they're LED.

Note that the original promotional material for the bike claimed that sequential indicators are available as an option but they've backtracked on that. They aren't available and Triumph USA couldn't tell me why.
Great... I just ordered them :(

Check my earlier post. You're fine. They'll work with one of the supplied resistors. Check this group if you use Facebook:

Check my earlier post. You're fine. They'll work with one of the supplied resistors. Check this group if you use Facebook:
Rizoma indicators arrived today and I installed them in about 2 hours. I got the sequential ones. 4ea Rizoma Vision Sequential Turn Signal - RevZilla you will also need the pigtail adapters 2 ea Rizoma Turn Signal Cable Kit Triumph - RevZilla and the blocking plates 2ea Rizoma Front Turn Signal Adapters BMW / Triumph - RevZilla total from Revzilla was $390 USD

Indeed a single resistor for each is one required to work. I tried without and they blink two or three times then stop, as well as throwing an error on screen. No issue with resistors added. BTW you have to do a little trimming on the inside of the front fork mounts to get the bolt on. I'll post some pics shortly, but they look awesome!

Pics would be great. I'd like to see how they turned out. Did you have much trouble fitting the resistors in the rear plate compartment?

20210104_204351702_iOS.jpg

Close up, as you can see they are way down on the forks

Indeed a single resistor for each is one required to work. I tried without and they blink two or three times then stop, as well as throwing an error on screen. No issue with resistors added. BTW you have to do a little trimming on the inside of the front fork mounts to get the bolt on. I'll post some pics shortly, but they look awesome!
Do you know what size resistor was needed to make your Rizomas work?

Back