Rivco Risers How to R3T (pic heavy)

Update:

FYI, if you want to change out your clutch cable so you can route like it was when it came off of the showroom floor all you have to do is call Barnett and tell them you want the stock R3T cable + 1.5 inches. Works like a champ and retains the OEM routing.

bob
I'm thinking about doing this Bob. Great price. Did you have any problems with the clutch cable binding after you re-routed it? Or did you get the 1.5 inch longer Barnett?

I'm thinking about doing this Bob. Great price. Did you have any problems with the clutch cable binding after you re-routed it? Or did you get the 1.5 inch longer Barnett?

The only problem I had with rerouting the original was the outer sheath of the cable developed a tear. I think it was the way I routed it back behind the plastic piece on the front of the frame. I replaced it this year with the Barnett clutch cable. The Barnett seems to be much smoother.

bob

The only problem I had with rerouting the original was the outer sheath of the cable developed a tear. I think it was the way I routed it back behind the plastic piece on the front of the frame. I replaced it this year with the Barnett clutch cable. The Barnett seems to be much smoother.

bob
Thanks Bob

Hi have just come in from the shed having fitted the rivco risers to my 2016 R3T.
Have ordered an extended clutch cable but re routed the standard one for now.
Dont know why but the front brake hose on my bike is too short, on full left lock is bar taught and pulling the side cover away from the frame. After going through the trouble of getting a new clutch cable I dont want to re route the front brake hose outside of the triple tree.
A quick look around the forum suggests that if I need to replace the front hose due to the ABS block I will have to replace the whole lot!!
Anyone got any ideas? like the clutch cable I only need 1 1/2 or 2 inches longer.
I'm wondering if the standard hose can be cut (where it is behind the frame cover) and an extension added.

Just also thinking if I have to undo the master cylinder banjo bolt can I get away with just bleeding the brakes or will I have to go through the whole ABS bleeding procedure as well.
Can't anything be easy :banghead:

Between the written directions that were included, and your pics and help. This was a very simple operation! I used a 12 mm crows foot for the lower clutch cable adjustment nuts, that worked out well! thanks for a great tutorial !!

Just got my Rivco risers only got the bottom halves is it me or what.Did anyone else get them complete,thanks

Back