Rivco Risers How to R3T (pic heavy)

I like the pullback now, I can sit up straight. I have been having chronic right neck and shoulder pain since a car wreck in Jan and I want to see if this helps.

The clutch was the only one I rerouted, I didn't even have to take the throttle cables loose. A longer cable would let you keep the original routing but I think an inch at the most is all that is needed. Anymore than that and you may end up with a big curve in cable. There is another thread somewhere here where that is discussed.

bob

There is a big difference in the shape of the R3 vs R3T risers. The one for other models will hit the chrome surround at the ignition switch and severely restrict your ability to turn the handle bars.

The ones for the R3T are curved and rise quicker than the one for other models.

Touring:
tr3tourerrisers_dsc01761alttextbw.jpg

Non- Touring:

d_440_1.jpg

Here is the Touring at full right lock;

Turn to lock.jpg

A couple of pics of the whole (most) of the bike as requested.

Full.jpg

Overhead.jpg

bob

The grips are Avon Air Cushion. I had a set of Kuryakyn ISO grips on there but one of the throttle cable slots broke on them during a dyno run. I was at the dealer so they gave me a take off grip. Had I not been there it could have been ugly. Now I keep a spare throttle grip in my saddlebag...you just never know. ;)

I still get some minor buzzing at certain RPMs so the next time I change grips I will put a bar snake in the bars.

bob

Last edited:
I don't dislike the stock grips. I was just wondering if all 1" push pulls will work. That would open up a lot of possibilities.

The grips are Avon Air Cushion. I had a set of Kuryakyn ISO grips on there but one of the throttle cable slots broke on them during a dyno run. I was at the dealer so they gave me a take off grip. Had I not been there it could have been ugly. Now I keep a spare throttle grip in my saddlebag...you just never know. ;)

I still get some minor buzzing at certain RPMs so the next time I change grips I will put a bar snake in the bars.

bob

I've been thinking about a set of Avon contour grips. I know there have be a few issues with tear out on the stock grips, so I carry a spare stock grip as well. Do you feel the throttle cable slot is better on the Avons and/or have you had any issues with them. I see the vibration dampers will not fit with the grips...does that result in any additional vibration with the Avon grips. I also have the Breakaway throttle lock, but I don't believe that will be an issue with the Avon as they are a little smaller diameter shoulder than the stock grips. I had to turn down my stock grip shoulder to make the BrakeAway work with the stock grip.

I haven't had any issues with the Avons. You are right, the bar end weights won't work with them and they do not have any available. I was getting some minor vibration (buzzing) around 25-2700 rpm when cruising so I balanced the throttle bodies and that helped alleviate it quite a bit. At its worst the buzzing with the Avons was no where near as bad as with the stock grips.

bob

Back