Review of shoei rf 1200 helmet

Most helmet (except Nolan which uses a copycat system and I can from experience tell you it does not work as well) makers use the trademark "Pinlock" system but you can actually buy the "Pinlock" kit for various helmets and they also make a universal kit. "Pinlock" is a Dutch company and has been around for about 15+ years that I know of they also make tinted visors so you can swap between clear at night and tint of a day time.
You can tell an authentic Pinlock by the very small silicon bead around the edge
I think the company that developed the pin lock system was Lazer Helmet Company out of Belgium. They are the oldest helmet manufacturer in the world, and make some of the best (IMO) inexpensive carbon fiber helmets available. They also offer the photochromatic shields and have helmets which match the colors and schemes of the Rockets. Not affiliated with a the company, but own their Falcon black carbon fiber with red striped helmet. My helmet is set up for pin lock installation and has the transition shield. Probably the best helmet I have ever owned. Fits nice and snug (for those of us with long oval heads).

Google Lazer helmets they produce an annual .pdf catalog of all their product lines from bicycle, skiers, downhill mtn bikes, kayaking and m/cycles. They produced the Skins helmet series I found cheap on eBay this year. Open and fuulface model is the Solano if you search the forum for that with my user ID you should find the threads I posted in. The Solano came with a pinlock.

Back