Review of shoei rf 1200 helmet

blip

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Hey everyone,

Normally I don't bother talking too much about riding gear because there is so much of it out there and lots of reviews except I thought I would share my experiences with the shoei rf1200 helmet. I just bought it about a month ago and liked the fit, the noise cancellation, and the aerodynamics. It is also light as all h***.

But now that the weather is getting colder a new reason to love it has emerged......... This helmet has an inner visor that you attach inside your main visor to act as a double pane of glass. The intent is to work as an anti-fog system, I didn't beleive it but it works super well. I drove into work today at 4 degrees celcius and my helmet did not fog up in the slightest while moving, and the fog while stopped was minimal. In fact it was my glasses that fogged not the helmet when it did happen.

So .... if you are looking to extend your riding season and want a new helmet I'd consider the rf1200 or any shoei helmet that has a pin lock visor system

Hope this is helful to some.

Thanks for that. My RF1100 is old now and fogs up like the inside of a teenagers back window on Prom night every time the temp drops here. I have tried many products to prevent the cold fogging and find none work.

Thanks for that. My RF1100 is old now and fogs up like the inside of a teenagers back window on Prom night every time the temp drops here. I have tried many products to prevent the cold fogging and find none work.

I wonder if the RF1200 pinlock visor would fit on the RF1100? If the answer is yes then you could replace it without replacing the helmet.
There is also a really cool 'transitions' visor for the RF1200 which goes as black as is legal in Canada I like it quite a bit, as I always forget my clear shield on my older helmets.

@Boog did you ever try plain old foamy shaving cream ?it works on bathroom mirrors.

I have to no avail. I even tried toothpaste like I use on my swim goggles.

I wonder if the RF1200 pinlock visor would fit on the RF1100? If the answer is yes then you could replace it without replacing the helmet.
There is also a really cool 'transitions' visor for the RF1200 which goes as black as is legal in Canada I like it quite a bit, as I always forget my clear shield on my older helmets.

I need to let this lid go as it is over 5 years old now and coming apart on the inside.

Are the pin lock screens expected to be replaced regularly? My Nolan has a pin lock and I left the inner screen in for an extended periodescription and it started to curl along the bottom edge. This of course broke the seal and eventually lead to fogging.

Back