Replacement Rear Shocks

Cr0ft, I agree with your theory, but with the R3 are starting point is a long way from sportsbike territory. Standard shock length for my R3 Classic is 320mm, I've been told that it is 330mm for the Roadster and I've gone 10mm beyond that to 340mm. These are very small angular changes at the headstock?

TE="dougl, post: 317787, member: 181"]Don't Hagons have manual dampening? I had that on my last R3 and didn't know what to do with it. How does one know? I'm planning to get Progressive 444.[/QUOTE]

The HAGON have manual damping. The 444 have automatic adjustable damping, which is awesome and the reason I switched to progressive 444.

TE="dougl, post: 317787, member: 181"]Don't Hagons have manual dampening? I had that on my last R3 and didn't know what to do with it. How does one know? I'm planning to get Progressive 444.

The HAGON have manual damping. The 444 have automatic adjustable damping, which is awesome and the reason I switched to progressive 444.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear it. Thanks.

[QUOT E="JoseyR3Wales, post: 317788, member: 1469"]It ain't the inseam, it's the bucket of balls.[/QUOTE]

I shall be using that one for why my legs are NOT short!!!

Cr0ft, I agree with your theory, but with the R3 are starting point is a long way from sportsbike territory. Standard shock length for my R3 Classic is 320mm, I've been told that it is 330mm for the Roadster and I've gone 10mm beyond that to 340mm. These are very small angular changes at the headstock?

Oh yeah, I wasn't meaning to imply you're doomed now! :) Just saying that the reason the steering got lighter is because you changed the rake/trail. That's also why I said you'd probably need to do very extensive modifications to get into dangerous territory. But reading back over it now it does look a bit doomy and gloomy.

Personally I'm very happy with stock length Progressive 444 HD's on my 3T.

Oh yeah, I wasn't meaning to imply you're doomed now! :) Just saying that the reason the steering got lighter is because you changed the rake/trail. That's also why I said you'd probably need to do very extensive modifications to get into dangerous territory. But reading back over it now it does look a bit doomy and gloomy.

Personally I'm very happy with stock length Progressive 444 HD's on my 3T.
Seems like Progressives are very popular as well as Hagons. I think we can probably agree that any decent aftermarket shock is a significant improvement on the OEM's!? Whatever length you go for. Damping is indeed manually adjustable on the Hagons, but it comes in the mid position and I have not tried to change it yet - perhaps I'll have a play with it this weekend

I am looking into Wilbers - Gulp$$$$
And therefore might have some Hagan Nitros for sale....

Can anyone tell me how the R3T handles when you lower the bike a little?

I stretch to touch the ground with one foot (inseam = 28 inches) and am looking to lower.

But I want to know how this would affect the handling.

We have a 2013 R3T.

I realize we have to consider the kickstand as well.

Bike would be more upright.

Anyone here lower their bike a little?

If so, how was the handling and balance?

Thanks and God bless!!

Michael

When ordering the rear progressives has anyone purchased the front fork springs? If so do they make a difference?
Thanks

Back