Recommend a battery maintainer.

Jallen3.14

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket III
I've had the Battery Tender Plus for years and really liked it, but I just discovered that it has grown legs, so I thought I'd check and see if there was anything else to consider before just ordering another one of the same.

The former tenant I suspect of ganking it (he knows nothing about it, of course) had a succession of Hazard Fright and Walmart cheapies, none of which kept him from replacing the battery in his bike every year (also Walmart batteries, so there's that), so I'm not looking for a cheaper option, but if there's anything else better in the $50 range of the Battery Tender I'd sure like to know. I didn't find anything online that tempted me, but some of you guys may have personal experience with something.

Battery Tender Plus has been my go-to for years. The only other one I've purchased is for my brides Dodge Challenger and it was well more than $50 (happy with it though). BatteryMINDer Model 128CEC1 12V 2/4/8 AMP Charger/Maintainer/Desulfator from Impact Battery
-MIG

Definately an OptiMate 4 or 5 or a NOCO Genius 2 or 5. I've have 2 of the OptiMate chargers on two different batteries (motorcycle and generator). They have been running full time for 5 years and have never let me down or disappointed me.. ever. I just bought a NOCO Genius 2 for my lawnmower battery and it's a nice little charger for the money. I've had 4 Battery Tenders and they just don't last. My 2 cents....spend the extra money and move up to better chargers.

Definately an OptiMate 4 or 5 or a NOCO Genius 2 or 5. I've have 2 of the OptiMate chargers on two different batteries (motorcycle and generator). They have been running full time for 5 years and have never let me down or disappointed me.. ever. I just bought a NOCO Genius 2 for my lawnmower battery and it's a nice little charger for the money. I've had 4 Battery Tenders and they don't last. My 2 cents....spend the extra money and move up to better chargers.
Do you work for Optimate? Because my Battery Tender Jr. Is going on 10 years old and used year round with never a bit of trouble. Maybe there is a fault elsewhere.

I've used a Battery Tender Junior for years with no issue. Only 3/4 of an amp but that's all you need to keep the battery fresh.

1605396238945.png

The 1.5 amp Solar Charger I had failed after 4 years so no endorsement.

1605395925861.png

Attachments

• 1605396183767.png
    1605396183767.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 1
Do you work for Optimate? Because my Battery Tender Jr. Is going on 10 years old and used year round with never a bit of trouble. Maybe there is a fault elsewhere.
Nope...I have no vested interest. Just relating my personal experience. I just think the Optimate does a better job of monitoring and cycling with a maintenance charge.

If money is no option antigravity batteries, southern cali company doing good stuff, get you some big ccas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 9
Back