Rebuilding rear master cylinder

If you enjoy your own spannering or in my case find it a financial necessity , and enjoy getting the best from the beast , an air box elimination kit ie Ramair or KnN kit is def the way ahead ! The main reason for this is obviously sweeter running , but also because it does away with the intake phlenum and associated gubbings , making the bike far easier to work on when the tank is propped !
Not to mention the sound ? Let her breath and she will sing to you . As for the extra power ? What man doesn't like a bit of extra power ?

Nat67,

Having read through many more posts on there ere forum thingy, - I'm at the Mother in Laws for the weekend. one of the penalties imposed for buying the bike - it seems to be the Ramair System that is most popular as a replacement air filter. Accordingly, the K&N replacement has been cancelled in favour of the Ramair. Unfortunately, I'm on holiday with all family including 7 grand children from Friday for 2 weeks, so I'll have to wait until I return to make all the modifications and chance my luck with the Tune Ecu program..!

This is true ! I have found by keeping my waterproof trousers in there , it doesn't rain so much ! :thumbsdown:
I'd better not put mine in there then - otherwise I'll be expelled from Spain. We're already in the middle of a monster drought. The only plus - nothing has grown so the vandals can't start fires. Mine is full of electrical gubbin's.

Good choice with the RAMAIR imo. May I suggest you contact @ozrider and order one of his OZ-Claws to go with it. Ask him to make it without the foam insulation stuff. The Ramair breathes better then. :thumbsup:

Nat67,

Having read through many more posts on there ere forum thingy, - I'm at the Mother in Laws for the weekend. one of the penalties imposed for buying the bike - it seems to be the Ramair System that is most popular as a replacement air filter. Accordingly, the K&N replacement has been cancelled in favour of the Ramair. Unfortunately, I'm on holiday with all family including 7 grand children from Friday for 2 weeks, so I'll have to wait until I return to make all the modifications and chance my luck with the Tune Ecu program..!
Unfortunately ? Never ! You gonna have a lovely time , just don't forget your credit card .
;) ;)

Nat67,

I would suggest , before fitting the Ramair or carrying out any modifications that you first get the gist of the tune ecu . Then carry out the throttle body balance and iscv test to make sure everything is running as well as it can be . This will give you a good starting base for your intake mods . Once that is all good , fit the Ramair and appeal to our much loved tuning guru who if asked nicely ,will supply you with a tune for your set up ! :)

I would suggest , before fitting the Ramair or carrying out any modifications that you first get the gist of the tune ecu . Then carry out the throttle body balance and iscv test to make sure everything is running as well as it can be . This will give you a good starting base for your intake mods . Once that is all good , fit the Ramair and appeal to our much loved tuning guru who if asked nicely ,will supply you with a tune for your set up ! :)
Good Morning Nat67
The highly exalted guru contacted and I obviously grovelled in an acceptable manner - new tunes received this morning, new Ramair filter arrived yesterday Pm...now all I need is the time and a bit of know how..

Good Morning Nat67
The highly exalted guru contacted and I obviously grovelled in an acceptable manner - new tunes received this morning, new Ramair filter arrived yesterday Pm...now all I need is the time and a bit of know how..
Wow ! You don't hang about do you ?

Wow ! You don't hang about do you ?
Well.... I had to endure the weekend at the Mother in Laws, so I felt a little bit of retail therapy might help! Apart from that I have spent the last 3 weeks battery discharge testing and there is a lot of free time doing this. Idle hands as the saying goes...lol

Back