Rebuilding rear master cylinder

Aw man , the eternal question ?
There are literally dozens of posts here on that subject ! Personally , I fabricated a cradle that bolts to the frame and then use an ATV lift but I suggest you search the threads til you find a system that suits you !
Google flipmeister , I believe they make a roll on stand that will raise the rear wheel ?
20160723_171007.jpg
Hi Nat, I have already spoken to Daryl and he is out of stock at the moment and the wallet is still looking as if it's been starved for a month of Sundays! I'll have to carry on improvising until She lets me loose again...lol

u do not remove the rear wheel
Really? I went through the manual and you need to remove the rear wheel spindle to release the hanger that the rear calliper is mounted on - at least that's whatI did last time! If there is an easier less complicated method, please do share...I'm all in favour of doing things the easy way!!

Really? I went through the manual and you need to remove the rear wheel spindle to release the hanger that the rear calliper is mounted on - at least that's whatI did last time! If there is an easier less complicated method, please do share...I'm all in favour of doing things the easy way!!

i stand corrected. i should remember to make sure brain is working before putting fingers in gear.:laugh::laugh:

To be fair , Turbo is right . You don't need to remove the wheel . Just drop the spindle back until it's clear of the carrier !
I usually remove the rear shock on the caliper side and undo the clip on the swing arm that holds the brake hose . This makes it easier for the dog to see the rabbit as it were !
Be very careful not to bend the ABS ring in the process if you have it ?

To be fair , Turbo is right . You don't need to remove the wheel . Just drop the spindle back until it's clear of the carrier !
I usually remove the rear shock on the caliper side and undo the clip on the swing arm that holds the brake hose . This makes it easier for the dog to see the rabbit as it were !
Be very careful not to bend the ABS ring in the process if you have it ?
Right, the bike I have bought is an '07 model, only 1 previous owner and 22k miles on the clock. Exactly which model I do not know but believe it is pre-abs spec. As per NAT67's post, I am now waiting for a lifting jack to be delivered via fleabay to enable further investigation into my braking problem. Think I might spend the weekend trying inwardly digest the service/repair manual and see how far I get! This is proving to be a very sharp learning curve.

while waiting on the jack u might want to turn ign on step on brake and see if the brake light stays on or goes out.
also find a slight down grade put the bike in neutral make sure it will roll then hit the brake and see how long it takes to release.

while waiting on the jack u might want to turn ign on step on brake and see if the brake light stays on or goes out.
also find a slight down grade put the bike in neutral make sure it will roll then hit the brake and see how long it takes to release.
More brilliant ideas..Now why didn't I think of this? Answers on a post card to...lol

Right, the bike I have bought is an '07 model, only 1 previous owner and 22k miles on the clock. Exactly which model I do not know but believe it is pre-abs spec. As per NAT67's post, I am now waiting for a lifting jack to be delivered via fleabay to enable further investigation into my braking problem. Think I might spend the weekend trying inwardly digest the service/repair manual and see how far I get! This is proving to be a very sharp learning curve.
It's called bonding ! Wait til you get a load of the tune ecu diagnostics program ? ;) ;)

Back