Rebuilding rear master cylinder

In that case it sounds all good !
I rarely use my back brake other than slipping through traffic or settling the bike into fast bends . I try to avoid emergency stops !
The general rule of thumb I believe is 70% front to 30% rear !
75/25 is the ratio that I've had thrust at me over the years...lol. Obd cable ordersd, K&N air filter ordered, Tune ecu downloaded...now for the scary bit!

75/25 is the ratio that I've had thrust at me over the years...lol. Obd cable ordersd, K&N air filter ordered, Tune ecu downloaded...now for the scary bit!
Sounds more scary than it actually is .
There are loads of posts and walk Thrus in the threads here . Just search them out !
Have you ordered a replacement standard filter or an air box elimination kit ?

Sounds more scary than it actually is .
There are loads of posts and walk Thrus in the threads here . Just search them out !
Have you ordered a replacement standard filter or an air box elimination kit ?
The standard replacement K&N filter so far. The Ramair system appears to be the better option if you only desire max power but my personal preference is for everything to run sweetly and with a certain modicum of economy regarding fuel consumption. I mist be getting old...lol

The standard replacement K&N filter so far. The Ramair system appears to be the better option if you only desire max power but my personal preference is for everything to run sweetly and with a certain modicum of economy regarding fuel consumption. I mist be getting old...lol
I would like to thank both Nat67 And Turbo200R4 for their invaluable assistance and knowledge imparted to me over the last couple of days - without their guidance there would still be a pile of nuts, bolts and other unknown bits on the garage floor - Thanks Guys, a newbie is learning slowly!!

I would like to thank both Nat67 And Turbo200R4 for their invaluable assistance and knowledge imparted to me over the last couple of days - without their guidance there would still be a pile of nuts, bolts and other unknown bits on the garage floor - Thanks Guys, a newbie is learning slowly!!
It's nice to be in a position to help others !
The Rocket is a unique bike , I joined this forum a little over a year ago mainly to learn about her , because sound advice and information was sparse . Not only have I learned far more than any of my local rocket owning pals , I have made some lifelong friends in the process .
I don't profess to be a technical expert , but I know there is never one far away on this site and all are willing and happy to help their R3 owning brethren .
I never believed in a million years that I would ever be in a position to hook the old girl up to a laptop and carry out the checks and procedures that I now do ? It's empowering !
The real thanks goes to @webmaster and @Joesmoe and all the others that keep this happy band of brothers together ! :rolleyes: :) :)

If you enjoy your own spannering or in my case find it a financial necessity , and enjoy getting the best from the beast , an air box elimination kit ie Ramair or KnN kit is def the way ahead ! The main reason for this is obviously sweeter running , but also because it does away with the intake phlenum and associated gubbings , making the bike far easier to work on when the tank is propped !
Not to mention the sound ? Let her breath and she will sing to you . As for the extra power ? What man doesn't like a bit of extra power ?

.... an air box elimination kit ie Ramair or KnN kit is def the way ahead ! The main reason for this is obviously sweeter running , but also because it does away with the intake phlenum and associated gubbings , making the bike far easier to work on when the tank is propped !
And you gain a box under the seat to keep things in.

my personal preference is for everything to run sweetly and with a certain modicum of economy regarding fuel consumption. I mist be getting old...lol
The "certain modicum of economy" - ime - depends a lot on how you ride once it all runs sweetly. For some reason te engine simply wants to run at silly rpms.

Back