Rear Wheel Bearing Frozen?

My America wore out the cush drive rubber early on causing a lot of backlash in the drivetrain. The fix was to install a cush rubber out of an early Thunderbird or install some shims on each cush drive rubber to take up slack. That cush rubber wasn't really compressed in the America. The Rocket doesn't seem to have any backlash issues because the rubber is compressed if the axle is torqued to spec or close to it. Since the cush drive hub incorporates a spacer that is 2 pieced and doesn't bottom out until the rubber is compressed, it causes a lot of load to be placed on the outside rotor bearing when torqued to spec. I wonder if that 2 piece spacer on the cush hub was a single piece effectively not allowing the cush drive to be compressed, would we have the issue with the rotor side bearing feeling tight?

I know I have probably over commented about this issue and will try to limit it in the future. I feel I'm not explaining myself properly so bear with me. Maybe it's my OCD kicking in. Appreciate your patience.

Dude we are all working on this issue. Your input is important., You have no reason to apologize. Unlike others on here that smart off and are very sexy in their comments and do not turn a wrench Your input is important. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dude we are all working on this issue. Your input is important., You have no reason to apologize. Unlike others on here that smart off and are very sexy in their comments and do not turn a wrench Your input is important. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I try to be very sexy in my comments, but it doesn't work. I'm still single. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back