I put a set of excedra max on my 09 touring there fantastic! What a difference from those garbage metzlers the handling is much improved,steering is much quicker the ride is great.
Only have 800 miles so far,rode some twisties in north jersey could not get that smile off my face I hope these last longer than the 6000 miles I got from the factory tires......sandman

Ok The Exedra Max Is on
First impressions - I like the look the wider crown makes it look fatter.
I thought i wouldnt like the higher profile but i was wrong it feels like it was made for this bike really like it.

still have to bed it in so ill give opinion on handling once ive given it a real run.

But so far i really like it cost me $335 fitted at two wheel tyres at blacksoil so $50 cheaper than the metz also:cool:

Somebody elsewhere had mentioned that the ExMax was a bit more slippery whilst dancing across painted lines on the roadway and I would agree with his observation. That probably is to be expected from a tire that is touted to provide - and I wholly expect it to deliver - extended performance/wear vs the more conventionally compounded Metzlers and Avons. How it delivers equal or better grip and superp wet weather performance with an ostensibly harder compound is beyound my grasp!?

Chemistry... It's a beautiful thing, at times.;)

I'd highly recommend this tire in the 140 size instead, Dennsell: Michelin Motorcycle Tires

Much improved handling and really lightens the front end considerably. Also expect to get about 15,000 miles out of the commander II!

I was teetering on ordering one Monday. Next time I'm pulling the trigger on this one. Thanks for the recommendation.:)

I was teetering on ordering one Monday. Next time I'm pulling the trigger on this one. Thanks for the recommendation.:)

You are sincerely welcome, Sir. I am here but to serve and to pester, Lee!

I'm also certain that you will find that tire to be a huge improvement over its predecessors.

Put 500k on the new Bridgestone Exedra Max today Wow i love this tire. Was mostly good weather but got a couple of showers in the twisties and the bridgy was as sure footed as a mountain goat :cool: The taller gearing makes the bike an absolute dream to ride through the tight twistie stuff.
I had a ball today with that tire back there .

Im never going back to Metz i love the bridgy:D
now excuse me while i go to the shed and admire the beast some more it feels like i have a new bike with that tire on it.

Back