Ugarte

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
The top pic is my first rear tire (Metz) which yeilded about 9k miles. The bottom is an Avon that I recently took off after about 11k miles to replace it with an Excedra. Very different wear patterns, but same style of riding. 2k more miles than the metz and the avon was still not showing the steel belts.

Lots of good things posted about the Excedra on this board, I am Looking forward to it, and a corrected speedo!:D

Attachments

• metz.JPG
    metz.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 413
  • avon.JPG
    avon.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 650
The top pic is my first rear tire (Metz) which yeilded about 9k miles. The bottom is an Avon that I recently took off after about 11k miles to replace it with an Excedra. Very different wear patterns, but same style of riding. 2k more miles than the metz and the avon was still not showing the steel belts.

Lots of good things posted about the Excedra on this board, I am Looking forward to it, and a corrected speedo!:D

Gotta admit though my tires always get switched out long before they get to this condition . Tires are the most importent thing on the bike yours look rather dangerous :eek:

Yes, those are pretty far gone Evil, should have changed them out about 1 or 2k miles earlier. I always figure "Just one more ride." My guardian angel must be really pissed by now.:D

I replaced the original Metz at 8500km it still had plenty of tread in the centre and on the left hand side but was past the wear marks on the right side. Then I stepped off it about a 1000km later. I'd say the insurance wouldn't have payed out $6000 for the bike and $1200 for helmets and jackets if I still had the worn out Metz on.

34kms on the Exedra Max so far, I did notice the height difference, nearly have the slight bend in my legs gone. The tread depth is deep, expecially the area to where I find it wears most for me so that is good. Will get to 100kms before giving it a bit more twist on the throttle as recommended by the tyre fitters. So glad to have it installed before the wet as the Metz was a wee bit smooth. Will probably go the same for the front as well in the next couple of months. Hope all will be an improvement.

34kms on the Exedra Max so far, I did notice the height difference, nearly have the slight bend in my legs gone. The tread depth is deep, expecially the area to where I find it wears most for me so that is good. Will get to 100kms before giving it a bit more twist on the throttle as recommended by the tyre fitters. So glad to have it installed before the wet as the Metz was a wee bit smooth. Will probably go the same for the front as well in the next couple of months. Hope all will be an improvement.

Scorp where did you get the E Max from in Perth ?
I got mine in Midland but I am looking for a front BS shortly..

Got the Excedra Max installed today. Love the handling, however, a new rear tire is always a pleasure after riding the worn out, poor handling old one.

Here is my method for changing out the rear tire. Cheap harbor freight bike lift, put a 1/4 inch thick aluminum bar on the rear crossbar and then place the crossbar on the frame tabs. The aluminum bar is used in order to clear the rear oil drain bolt. To install the tire I put a tire jack on the rear seat, run some webbing through the wheel and onto the jack, and then just jack it up to the correct height and insert the axle.

Attachments

• installer.JPG
    installer.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 317
Back