All the settings are maximum counter clockwise already. Tyre pressure is at 2.7 bar instead of 2.9 given in the operating conditions.
I asked yesterday to my dealer to ask to Triumph (or Showa) if it is possible to use a less viscous oil in the shock.

I will try today to get the fork a bit softer as you did. Did you turn softer both TEN and COMP ?
I haven't had time to adjust the fork yet, we've had a couple of days of heavy rain here.
Did you try adjusting preload up 6 - 9 clicks from minimum in the rear? I know it sounds like the totally wrong thing to do but there is such a thing as undersprung and overdamped.. Might be worth a try? It should be possible to change rear spring and/or oil, and maybe even re-valve the rear shock. It will take time though before the aftermarket catch up with new models, especially if there's not a lot of people agreeing something is "wrong"

Today I tested different settings and the best that came out is 23 clicks left turns for the rear shock and 3 left turns for the rebound at the front. My weight is 80kg.

I haven't had time to adjust the fork yet, we've had a couple of days of heavy rain here.
Did you try adjusting preload up 6 - 9 clicks from minimum in the rear? I know it sounds like the totally wrong thing to do but there is such a thing as undersprung and overdamped.. Might be worth a try? It should be possible to change rear spring and/or oil, and maybe even re-valve the rear shock. It will take time though before the aftermarket catch up with new models, especially if there's not a lot of people agreeing something is "wrong"

I tried to increase preload 9 clicks with minus 5mm regarding static SAG. It was worse.
Spring is OK as the static SAG as defined by D. Moss, Öhlins and others is inside the good range (25 to 35 mm).

I presume that the valving is not the good one for me but it cannot be modified by my Triumph dealership. If it is possible to use a more fluid oil inside the shock, it good be nice But doing so I must go through Triumph to keep the guaranty during two years.

First I will have my saddle rebuilt and if not enough, second I will get the footpads at the same place as model R to help to support my back.

I will try this afternoon to softer the fork.

First I will have my saddle rebuilt and if not enough, second I will get the footpads at the same place as model R to help to support my back.

I will try this afternoon to softer the fork.
Didn't realize you have the GT. Having your feet "under you" instead of ahead will help big time! I had two cruiser bikes in a row because i wanted to like them, but the seating position was just murder on my @ss and lower back. In the end, before selling the Kawasaki Vulcan i couldn't go 30 km's before lower back was killing me.. :(
If i were you, i'd start with getting R foot controls mounted. Although they don't come cheap, i feel it is the least expensive option, and the one that will be most beneficial!

Didn't realize you have the GT. Having your feet "under you" instead of ahead will help big time! I had two cruiser bikes in a row because i wanted to like them, but the seating position was just murder on my @ss and lower back. In the end, before selling the Kawasaki Vulcan i couldn't go 30 km's before lower back was killing me.. :(
If i were you, i'd start with getting R foot controls mounted. Although they don't come cheap, i feel it is the least expensive option, and the one that will be most beneficial!

You are fully right Larry. I already went to ask for that option to my Triumph dealer ....

You are fully right Larry. I already went to ask for that option to my Triumph dealer ....
I have the R with GT bars.... perfect combo.... GT with R pegs... perfect combo... they ought to do a RGT or GTR!

Fyi. Drastic improvement in suspension! Until one compares, can't know.
Nothing scientific how I got it right. Moved preload about midway between full counter clockwise and full clockwise.
2 screws on right side, tried little by little several times. About 1 full turn on each, then again, then 1 more time. So much smoother.
Just started playing with the forks.

I have the R with GT bars.... perfect combo.... GT with R pegs... perfect combo... they ought to do a RGT or GTR!

I ordered to put R pegs on my GT but the delay to get the parts is nearly 2 months.... May be I am not the only one in France or Europe ...

Go for the Fournales air suspension.
I went through a cupple sets .120,000 on my 1st Rocket and 10,000 on the new one and found these the best .
Had the war lord and luggage and reset the to do a 9,000 round trip to Darwin and set the pressure,s with the pump didn’t bottom out once.
I haven’t tried Wilbers and also heard good things about them.
They will ask u what weight you’re a and make them to sute.
RHP
With respect we are talking about the 2020 Rocket here which has no rear suspension similarities to the early R III so any comment between the two is irrelevant.

Back