The rebound has 3.5 turns from max to min. Standart is set to 2 turns left, put 3 turns left (softer) and will see what the result will be.
I have ended up at 2.5 turns from max at the front... lovely now... good speed of rebound and damping... I live around a lot of bumpy roads so can test within a half mile journey, was easy to get it right for my weight... BUT, I have altered my stance and shifted my weight off the bars somewhat by putting the GT bars on the R since setting up front and rear... so may have to do a long test ride to see if I need to start tweaking again at the weekend when the weather is looking brighter :)

Last edited:
Is this the factory default, all at counterclockwise for softer ride?
All the factory settings are in the manual, and yes, they work like a faucet as far as you can go clockwise = closed, counter clockwise = less damping

All the factory settings are in the manual, and yes, they work like a faucet as far as you can go clockwise = closed, counter clockwise = less damping
If you have no damping, you will have a pogo stick, no?

Yes, but apparently that can happen when the forks "pack down" as well, from too much rebound. They don't have time to spring back to absorb the next bump. At least that's how i interpret what has been explained to me :)
I'd imagine if you turn both comp. and rebound to minimum it will be like a 50's American car, a wallowing mess that will bottom out with little provocation, turn both to max and it will jump around like a billy goat kid with "stiff legs" both front and aft.

To compensate lack of softer adjustment of shock absorber on new R3 , I am saving my back from small vibrations using this kind of medical stuff so efficient but not attractive at all ...
It is rather easy to find the right amount of air: too much air = rebound, not enough air = not enough absorption of impact from rear wheel.

MOELLEUX 1.JPG MOELLEUX 2.JPG MOELLEUX 3.JPG

Yes, but apparently that can happen when the forks "pack down" as well, from too much rebound. They don't have time to spring back to absorb the next bump. At least that's how i interpret what has been explained to me :)
I'd imagine if you turn both comp. and rebound to minimum it will be like a 50's American car, a wallowing mess that will bottom out with little provocation, turn both to max and it will jump around like a billy goat kid with "stiff legs" both front and aft
To compensate lack of softer adjustment of shock absorber on new R3 , I am saving my back from small vibrations using this kind of medical stuff so efficient but not attractive at all ...
It is rather easy to find the right amount of air: too much air = rebound, not enough air = not enough absorption of impact from rear wheel.

MOELLEUX 1.JPG MOELLEUX 2.JPG MOELLEUX 3.JPG
Have you tried backing compression and rebound out in the rear?

Have you tried backing compression and rebound out in the rear?

Hi Larry, as a French guy my English is poor. When you say backing compression and rebound out in the rear shock absorber, do you mean set them as softer as possible ?

Hi Larry, as a French guy my English is poor. When you say backing compression and rebound out in the rear shock absorber, do you mean set them as softer as possible ?
Yes, going max counter clockwise, just to see what happens

Yes, going max counter clockwise, just to see what happens

All the settings are maximum counter clockwise already. Tyre pressure is at 2.7 bar instead of 2.9 given in the operating conditions.
I asked yesterday to my dealer to ask to Triumph (or Showa) if it is possible to use a less viscous oil in the shock.

I will try today to get the fork a bit softer as you did. Did you turn softer both TEN and COMP ?

Back