Rear shock alert!

bigern2300

.060 Over
This is going out as sort of a bulletin to check around the bottom eyelet of your stock rear shocks for any sign of fluid leakage. Any leakage where the lower shock eye is attached to the main shock body is a sign of bad times a comming! I noticed a wet spot under my rear drive unit Friday and thought the worst. A closer inspection revealed fluid comming from around the bottom of the shock eye. Come to find out, the lower shock mount had broken from the main body :eek:. Luckly, i had one more day on my warranty when i contacted the dealer, so i should be covered for a replacement. Yeah, i know..."go with some aftermarket!" The bike came with lowered 412's which are worthless spine jammers and the stock units rode fine for me. I like the 440's, but not at $669. I am however looking at the 418's due to adjustable rebound dampening. Anyways guys, keep an eye on those stockers during your pretrip checks. Bigern

This is going out as sort of a bulletin to check around the bottom eyelet of your stock rear shocks for any sign of fluid leakage. Any leakage where the lower shock eye is attached to the main shock body is a sign of bad times a comming! I noticed a wet spot under my rear drive unit Friday and thought the worst. A closer inspection revealed fluid comming from around the bottom of the shock eye. Come to find out, the lower shock mount had broken from the main body :eek:. Luckly, i had one more day on my warranty when i contacted the dealer, so i should be covered for a replacement. Yeah, i know..."go with some aftermarket!" The bike came with lowered 412's which are worthless spine jammers and the stock units rode fine for me. I like the 440's, but not at $669. I am however looking at the 418's due to adjustable rebound dampening. Anyways guys, keep an eye on those stockers during your pretrip checks. Bigern

440's are $495 at Ma's cylces, 418's are $479.

I just had my standard duty 440's delivered to the door for $427 (or so). Quite a savings.

At this specific moment, I can't recall the internet site but someone mentioned them toward the end of the "Shocking Experience" thread.

Not a bad price!!!

pause:

Just checked it out. The site is www.onestopmoto.com.

There is much senility going on here. I got my 418's from mawonline for $350. Maw is motorcycle accessory warehouse. So yesterday I went online to ma's cycles, where I got my Kuryakin mirrors and adaptors - thinking it was the same place where I got my shocks. Ma's is in N. Dakota; MAW is in Florida. If they only knew, they'd lift my license.

I went to OK City last Saturday to turn in the broken rear shock and the guys up there gave me a replacement loaner off a wrecked R3 till a call to the warranty department checks out. The dealer was going to try to get both rear shocks replaced, but the factory would'nt go for it. They did say however that if the other one broke while out of warranty, that they would replace it. The shop manager said he has seen shocks break the lower eye off other models such as Bonnies and such, but not on a Rocket. Bigern

Back