Rear luggage worth the money ?

The bags are complete CRAPOLA.. they are 1) small, 2) not water proof and 3) the zippers get stuck frequently. Unless you live in Arizona the first good rain storm you ride in your belongings are soaked. Wait until some after market outfit retrofits hard waterproof bags.
I’ve never had a saddlebag that was not water proof. Zippers? Really? I’d agree mierda totalamente!

Perhaps an aftermarket company could make bigger/waterproof bags that use the Triumph mount kits. That would make a lot of people happy.
I agree! I hear nothing but bad things about the triumph bags, but the mounts themselves are pretty good. Just need a better bag (that don't cost what the Corbin ones do!)

I’ve never had a saddlebag that was not water proof. Zippers? Really? I’d agree mierda totalamente!
Well they are what they are, and they're about $800 for bags and brackets, Corbin is over $3k, so it does seem like there is some room for someone else to make something. I don't think it is fair to compare the Triumph bags to traditional hard bags like for Harleys for example, it is not what they are, and they are not trying to be. For my use case, they work fine.

I installed a set for my friend. The mounts are top notch but the bags are garbage. He doesn't like them at all. We were out for a ride one weekend, it was jacket weather in the am but mid-day warmed up. He could barely get his freaking jacket in there we had to push and squeeze a lot. The backrest luggage mount and bag on the other hand are worth every penny!!

I installed a set for my friend. The mounts are top notch but the bags are garbage. He doesn't like them at all. We were out for a ride one weekend, it was jacket weather in the am but mid-day warmed up. He could barely get his freaking jacket in there we had to push and squeeze a lot. The backrest luggage mount and bag on the other hand are worth every penny!!
Do you mean the the pillion seat bag? I bought one and sent it straight back, supposed to quick release, was bloody useless for £160

Well they are what they are, and they're about $800 for bags and brackets, Corbin is over $3k, so it does seem like there is some room for someone else to make something. I don't think it is fair to compare the Triumph bags to traditional hard bags like for Harleys for example, it is not what they are, and they are not trying to be. For my use case, they work fine.
Fair statement I guess I’ve just gotten used to the huge hard bags. I’ve decided to go without any bags for nowon my bike since I can use the wife’s bags on her Indians. If they fit your needs then they are garbage for you. I liked the look of the Corbin stuff but agree that’s a ton of money.

I like the fact that the bags come off in an instant and would only be put on for longer trips. Just travel light and use the rack for a backpack and you can spend a week or so out. The bags and a backpack can hold a good amount. If you find a motel or hotel just wash your stuff and you're good. Not a big deal.

I don't agree that they are crap, so far as small, you would know that before you order them, also that they are not waterproof was not hidden, and they come with rain wrappers. Agree that the zippers could be smoother.
Oh let me add a 4th crapola factor- the so-called 'rain covers'you speak of.. Ahem...they cover most of the panniers EXCEPT for the inside of the panniers.. you know, the tire side which is like a fire hose throwing water into the panniers. No I'm sorry my friend, these suck big time. On the other hand, I am completely ecstatic over the bike itself. Without a question the best steed I ever rode.

Back