Rear luggage worth the money ?

Anyone know of any after market luggage rack BRACKETS? I have the Lamonster rack, but I need the brackets and I don't want to have to buy the entire Triumph rack kit just for the brackets.

There has been a sort-of recall by Triumph regarding the leaking OEM panniers for the Rocket 3. At least in Europe, this was treated by Triumph as a clandestine operation, meaning: Only customers complaining about leaking panniers would be provided with new and improved rain covers and watertight bag liners.
Some decisions are wise and some others are otherwise, as they say. Triumph's decision was the latter: In order to save a few bucks, the accepted that their customers would find themselves with soaked gear on a tour. How considerate of them.
After getting word of the issue with the leaking panniers, my dealer ordered the improved kit for all his Rocket customers who have the OEM panniers installed. Good decision, but then again the dealer is the one getting complaints from the customer, not the manufacturer.
The kit itself is not much to write home about. The outer covers are pretty much unchanged except for a couple of water drain holes at the bottom. The inner liners seem ok as the fit well into the panniers.
For those of you who have bought the OEM panniers, I would recommend getting in touch with their dealers for them to order the kit, as Triumph will not provide the kit proactively to their customers.

There has been a sort-of recall by Triumph regarding the leaking OEM panniers for the Rocket 3. At least in Europe, this was treated by Triumph as a clandestine operation, meaning: Only customers complaining about leaking panniers would be provided with new and improved rain covers and watertight bag liners.
Some decisions are wise and some others are otherwise, as they say. Triumph's decision was the latter: In order to save a few bucks, the accepted that their customers would find themselves with soaked gear on a tour. How considerate of them.
After getting word of the issue with the leaking panniers, my dealer ordered the improved kit for all his Rocket customers who have the OEM panniers installed. Good decision, but then again the dealer is the one getting complaints from the customer, not the manufacturer.
The kit itself is not much to write home about. The outer covers are pretty much unchanged except for a couple of water drain holes at the bottom. The inner liners seem ok as the fit well into the panniers.
For those of you who have bought the OEM panniers, I would recommend getting in touch with their dealers for them to order the kit, as Triumph will not provide the kit proactively to their customers.
Any chance you could take a few pics so I can show my dealer. I mentioned it once and they stated it was only the inner liners. Much appreciated. 👍🏻

Any chance you could take a few pics so I can show my dealer. I mentioned it once and they stated it was only the inner liners. Much appreciated. 👍🏻
It actually comes in one pack that contains four items: Two outer covers and the two inner liners.

Attachments

• New inner liner.jpg
    New inner liner.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 68
  • New outer cover fitted.jpg
    New outer cover fitted.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 70
Look guys a non waterproof bag is like a condom with holes in it. Really, are there other bags out there that are non water resistant? Where are you supposed to keep the water covers when not in use, inside the bags or at the house?

Look guys a non waterproof bag is like a condom with holes in it. Really, are there other bags out there that are non water resistant? Where are you supposed to keep the water covers when not in use, inside the bags or at the house?
I'm perplexed on why the bags themselves were not made better... i.e. waterproof, solid access fasteners, etc.. To knock the ball out of the park with the overall bike and go cheap on the OEM accessories... seems... sad... :rolleyes: :(
-MIG

I'm perplexed on why the bags themselves were not made better... i.e. waterproof, solid access fasteners, etc.. To knock the ball out of the park with the overall bike and go cheap on the OEM accessories... seems... sad... :rolleyes: :(
-MIG
Yea it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense at all. Of all places to cut corners, $10 dollars in zippers isn't the place.

I don't know why Triumph hasn't taken a page from Harley when it comes to developing and marketing accessories. This is big business that should add a significant profit to the bottom line. I have found that some of Triumph's accessories, especially leather luggage, are of a poorer quality with exorbitant prices. Look at the leather bags for the Rocket. Why have so many of these bags lost their shape? Cheap leather compared to other brands??? I refuse to purchase leather bags from Triumph because of this. Having said that most of us will still pay up for genuine Triumph accessories leaving them with no excuse regarding quality. Triumph (and most other motorcycle manufacturer for that matter) know that the customer will pay. Why do you think a piece of cast aluminum covered in chrome or paint costs so much? It's not because of the manufacturing cost.... It's because we are blind for the bling. Triumph has no excuse when it comes to providing QUALITY.

When I saw the bags for the new Rocket, I thought Triumph might have turned a page but obviously they haven't regarding the zippers and waterproof quality. Let's see how they respond!!!!

I do not take issue with the fact that the OEM soft bags are not waterproof. Many aftermarket bags aren't and are supplied with waterproof inner liners for that reason. What I am slightly miffed about is the approach Triumph is taking towards customer service: "Bags are leaking - why don't we let the customers find out the hard way."

Last edited:
Hi guys I live in the uk and want to tour next year on my new r3 is the pannier system worth the considerable expense or are there any alternatives ? Tia.
In my all too humble opinion - a resounding NO. However, I own a set and I'm going to have to live with them. Corbin's hard-bag prices are outrageous; AUD$8,400 landed in Australia.

Back