I bundle up some string under the shaft to hold it up high enough. Once it starts to thread the splines I pull out the string.
I've tried warp's method and never had any luck... guess I wasn't holding my mouth right. Might try it again on the next one which is coming up between now and May the 17th...lol
Your probably biting your tongue to hard bud :)

My 05 has a strip of foam inside the tube that holds the drive shaft up slightly, the bevel box slides right in.

I hold the bike up in the air, perpendicular to the ground, using my right hand.

I wait 'til the shaft is equidistant from all points of the housing then i simply slide the bevel drive on using my left hand.

Lower gently to the ground and afix the dome nuts, torqued down as specified by the vehicle manufacturer.

Too easy :thumbsup:

I hold the bike up in the air, perpendicular to the ground, using my right hand.

I wait 'til the shaft is equidistant from all points of the housing then i simply slide the bevel drive on using my left hand.

Lower gently to the ground and afix the dome nuts, torqued down as specified by the vehicle manufacturer.

Too easy :thumbsup:

No comprendo Pictures please.:whitstling:

I made a washer (Doughnut) out of foam. And left it in there.
Jake - I have the same last name, and I align the drive shaft the same way.

The manual said there should be one inside, but my 2015 Roadster didn't have one. I cut a foam ring with these dimensions:

Outside diameter 2-1/2" (64mm)
Inside diameter 1-1/4" (32mm)
Thickness 3/8" (10mm)

Every time I remove the bevel box I drag the foam ring back into position with a piece of wire. Easy reassembly, and no risk of leaving loose metal objects or pieces of string in there. IMHO it's worth the initial bit of effort.

Back