albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
this question is to anyone who has removed the rear drive to lube the shaft ...
before getting into a total fit of rage I sure would like to know from the ones who have removed the bevel drive
HOW DID THEY MANAGED TO RE INSERT THE SHAFT INTO THE bevel drive ? I was thinking a dab of frozen butter under the shaft to hold it straight and lined up ,
with new moly all over both parts the dab of butter should not be much of a nuisance/problem ?

what says you...

DSCN0013.JPG
DSCN0019.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to all for the procedure mentionned I will try the rotation first and carry on with blade next ans later string etc..etc wow...... that was a fast bunch of replies thank you all be going back to the shop and finish the job a new rear tire was the reason i started the whole thing as the raised markers in the grooves were about level with the surface, shop in town will mount the tire tuesday
I certainly do not want to have a change of tire while riding the alps , finding and waiting for a shop to get me an exedra and mount it could be disastrous wait, much simpler to do it now and then I figured why nor greasing the drive at the same time hence my plea for help..

this question is to anyone who has removed the rear drive to lube the shaft ...
before getting into a total fit of rage I sure would like to know from the ones who have removed the bevel drive
HOW DID THEY MANAGED TO RE INSERT THE SHAFT INTO THE bevel drive ? I was thinking a dab of frozen butter under the shaft to hold it straight and lined up ,
with new moly all over both parts the dab of butter should not be much of a nuisance/problem ?

what says you...

DSCN0013.JPG
DSCN0019.JPG

Wot...like last tango in Paris?

Back