Rear brake line replacement

Mr Mike

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket GT
Has anyone done this ? Replaced line and bleeding fluid/air. Part of front to mid control change. Refers to service manual. Don’t think that’s available. Line does not go to rear brake, directly because of linked system. Not willing to do this without good info. May have to go to Stealer

I've replaced a lot of brake lines. Bleeding is the key. If you don't have a brake bleeder you can do it manually, just more effort, results are the same. If you bought a kit to change the foot controls the kit should have contained the necessary brake links. When I converted from a standard to a Classic, they were in the kit. Check with your dealer for the correct parts, bleeding brakes is just a time and effort problem.

I've replaced a lot of brake lines. Bleeding is the key. If you don't have a brake bleeder you can do it manually, just more effort, results are the same. If you bought a kit to change the foot controls the kit should have contained the necessary brake links. When I converted from a standard to a Classic, they were in the kit. Check with your dealer for the correct parts, bleeding brakes is just a time and effort problem.
Thanks, I do have a bleeder kit and have done it. Just concerned that the line does NOT go to the rear brake, but some sort of valve to allow the front brake to partially activate the rear brake. The procedure could be same but maybe not.

Thanks, I do have a bleeder kit and have done it. Just concerned that the line does NOT go to the rear brake, but some sort of valve to allow the front brake to partially activate the rear brake. The procedure could be same but maybe not.
Anti-lock systems are no different than normal hydraulic brakes other than extra valving and weight. You have a linked brake system so the front brake actuates the rear and if it's like Honda's system then the rear pedal will also actuate one front caliper. Basically more stuff to go wrong when you don't want it too but not anything you can't handle for a brake line change. My concern would be the line not fitting from a conversion kit, they are meant to do the trick. Others with the R3R or GT may have more insight on this.

Back