Rate Your Dealer

cosky

.020 Over
Have you had a good or bad experiance with a dealer,
let us all know, but dont put anything here that you later regret as there might be dealers browsing this forum. :bch:

Jack Trebour Triumph, NJ

Completely satisfied. Got a great price, prompt service, friendly advice. Highly recommended.

It is very difficult for me to rate my dealer, because I have had a mixed experience.

The sales part of my Rocket adventure was a mess. The salesman screwed up the paperwork and had to do it twice. It has been almost a year, and I never got my set of the paperwork, even after several phone calls and several trips to the dealer. The salesman does not return phone calls, and he is never there when I go to the shop. I would buy another bike at my dealer, but I think I would ask for someone else to handle the deal.

The parts department never has what I want in stock, but they always get it within a few days. Everything I order arrives on time, and I always get exactly what I ordered. I am especially pleased that parts and accessories are sold at list price, and there is no mark-up for "special order," like some dealers. I will continue to buy my parts and accessories from my dealer, even though I have to wait, because I like to do business with people, not a computer screen.

My dealer has a good service department, and they do a few things I really appreciate. If your bike is ready for the first service, they do everything they can to get you back on the road quickly. I have not had any needed repairs, so I don't know how other issues are handled by the service department.

My dealer has a nice building full of bikes and friendly people. If you want to wander around, they will let you do that without any hassle. If you want something, you only need to ask and someone will help you. They are at a convenient location, and I frequently go there just to look at the bikes.

My wife and I travel a bit, and we go to every dealer we can. We have been to tiny dealerships with a few bikes in a corner behind the chainsaws, and we have been to big, shiny dealerships with large clothing and personal accessories sections. My dealer is somewhere in the middle.

Finally, my dealer has nothing to do with RAT. I asked about future plans, and I don't think my dealer will be involved with RAT any time soon.

I guess my overall rating for my dealer is "OK." I know I am lucky to have a dealer a few miles from my home, and I know I can get what I need and want, even if it means putting up with some frustrations.

My dealer, Freedom Cycle of Reno, is great. I wouldn't trust anyone else to touch it. I live about 30 miles from the dealership. Any other dealers out there who will give you a ride or drop off your bike?

Lonestar Triumph of Austin B- Bought the bike from them and got a great deal on a trade-in. Complements to Gary in sales for the price. I had also bought a 2005 America from him. When I asked Gary if my first service was free like on the America, he said it should be, that he'd check on it. As we were filling out papers, he came back and told me that the first service wasn't free. He knew I wouldn't get as good of a deal on the trade-in anywhere else and that I wasn't gonna walk out.

Josh in service is a nice guy. I don't know if it's him or his bosses, but I have been bumped back in time many times. Keep in mind, I've always dropped my bike off early in the morning before one customer shows up, I always made appointments many weeks in advance, and I get along with the people in the shop. The problem is that I don't come across like I have money and/or I don't ride a BMW, so I am treated like pondscum by the service department. And the service department will absolutely not provide loaners. However, Lonestar will install any part onto a Rocket even if you didn't purchase the part at their store although they want to wait until after warranty to install Nev's cams.

Euroshop of Waco A This is my favorite shop. I will buy my future Triumph products from them even if they can't match Lonestar just because they are descent people. Mark, the owner, makes it a point to always speak with me, and his son, Ryan, is friendly to me as well. Jay the mechanic is very thorough and won't halfass something, and he always talks to me. I once dropped the bike off on a Saturday and had to do something - I wasn't gonna be able to pick up the bike until they reopened on Tuesday, but he went in on Monday, his day off, and allowed me to pickup the bike. This shop also provides loaners, even for a day or two although I'm pissed that they gave me a Rocket loaner and not one of those 675s! Really a bunch of classy guys who care about motorcycles, race motorcycles, and want to help you achieve your goals. In fact, they install Turbo Connections turbos if you so desire.

Two negatives on this shop though. You have to buy parts through them in order to have them installed. I gave them Nev's name and number, but they were unable to get a satisfactory opinion of his products, not to mention I would have to pay a bit extra when buying Nev's products through them. Also, their prices are higher than other Triumph dealers, and they don't budge a bunch on the price; however, I am finding out that paying a little extra for the great service is well worth the money.

I bought my bike from Euro Shop of Waco, Tx and I would agree with everything mentioned in the above post. Great bunch of guys. I've bought two bikes from there and was given pay off on an America that I owned for 4 or 5 months and put 4000 miles on. Mark went the extra mile with me and added a windshield and sissy bar for no extra charge. The service is great and the staff always friendly. Jay in the service dept. has even offered to work on my recently inherited 1969 Honda 350. I have yet to find a Honda dealer that would touch it.:bch:

dealer rating

TallTX,

I noted in my post of "r3 history" located on the final drive that I too, liked Euroshop of Waco, TX. and rated them excellent.:D

ps. are you the talltx33 on the other r3owners site?:confused:

Darron

Not enough time

It is probably too soon to rate my dealer yet. The original word of mouth / buzz on D&D Cycles seemed pretty decent and it was only about 18 miles from my house so it is convenient. I didn't get as much off in price as I would have liked (as I had already priced at Chattanooga and Bogarts which were around $700 cheaper). But I heard that you didn't get a break on price on the accessories so that may have cancelled the price difference out. I got around 10-15% off of the price of the accessories at D&D's with free installation. I was supposed to have gotten the delivery charge (about $500) knocked off but when I decided I had to have the black engine I had to pay the $500 as it came in from Charleston, SC so since I didn't get one off the floor I had to pay it.

I was a little leery of the +$200 for the first service which is why I had posted earlier in April if that was a decent price...most of the responses said that was about normal...though I'm still not sure why an oil change with filter and tightening things down and checking the fluids would cost that much, guess I'm spoiled by most other bikes I have owned where I would pay between $79 -$149 for that first service.

I guess I will find out if I am really happy with my dealer if there are no surprises when I pick it up this Wednesday with all the accessories installed on it and nothing due for pickup.

I was under the impression that I was supposed to get 10 or 15 % off of any accessories I bought there (after the initial sale) but have noted that for the Rivco Exhaust Flange Covers, the Triumph tank pad (to eliminate belt buckle scratches on gas tank), and the Triumph front "engine guards / crash bars" I did not get this "discount" so we'll see. I believe I forwarded all my "pre-sale" e-mails to them to my other regular e-mail account so I may be able to check that "10-15%" off sales pitch when I get home.

I'll let you know.
Dennis
1 dtg!

Last edited:
I am lucky that the only dealer in town is quality, Engle Motors. They don't negotiate much on bike prices but they offer quality service and have been in business since 1959 in the same location owned by the same guy since the early 60's and run by family members. They have always sold BMW's and Triumphs. And they treat owners of each breed well. Their service prices seem about on par with everyone else.

Cosky I hope you don't mind, I moved your thread to make it a little easiler to find.

Back