Blackthou

Nitrous
Ride
2014 Black 'n' Red R3R. RamAir, Tors, DP Link pipe
Last week I bought a RamAir system for my 2014 Roadster. Fitting it was very easy and the instructions were superb with clear step-by-step pictures and text.

After fitting I performed the "12 minute" tune but didn't take the bike out as the weather was foul.

I managed to get out this afternoon and did nearly 100 miles on a mixture of roads. I couldn't believe the difference with the bike. It was so silky smooth. Throttle response is much quicker. Torque seems more available too especially at bottom end i.e. pulling away at a junction or turning right after stopping at a roundabout. Totally transformed. No jerkiness, lumpiness or hesitation.

Cruising is easier too. Previously I had always found 30mph a pain. It was too slow for 3rd and in 2nd it sounded as if you needed to change up. Today however, 30 mph was effortless in 3rd and at one point I dropped down from 40 to 30 smoothly then noticed I was in 4th! Blasting through sweeping A roads / lanes was even more fun. Totally effortless.

In addition there's the induction sound effects. I was fortunate to have had a car some years ago with twin Weber twin-choke carbs. They made as much noise or more than the exhaust. There's a similar induction noise with the RamAir so it was a familiar old sound to me but could be alarming to some owners as you tend to hear "knocks" and "rattling" sounds you wouldn't hear before but you soon learn it's the norm. A fellow Rocketeer warned me of this in advance too.He was right.

The sounds effects vary. Wind on a handful without changing gear and you get a deep buffalo sounding growl. Gentle throttle movements are more or less discernible. It's not annoying IMO while riding. The loudest of all is hard acceleration up through the gears. I have TORS which make a pleasant noise during acceleration however the induction roar totally drowns them out. I can't imagine what the bike sounds like blasting past a slower moving car.

In summary, one of the best and most satisfying mods I've ever done to anything. It really does totally transform the bike making it even better and bigger grins. 100% recommended :)

Thats awesome mate, I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago have done the 12 minute tune, and I have a ECU tune there waiting. The rest of the bike is in bits so I'm yet to ride.

You'll love it. I am just running the TORS tune at present as wanted to experience one change at a time. I will ask Mr Hanso for something appropriate soon. I have Tune ECU but not tried using it yet.

Ditto. I had read so many complaints about the sound of the triple K&N's I was worried I would not like the induction noise of the Ramair. Turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Stock bike sounds more like George Jetson's flying car than a motorcycle.

If you think a RamAir is loud - you certainly DO NOT want to try their predecessors which Colin had made by ITG

They drown out the "close to unrestricted" THUGS pipes.

Yes I have them - but currently not fitted.

I have exactly the same set up along with tors link pipe and pcv . I enjoyed the difference over stock for a good year until I had the ecu reflashed and the bike dynod .
The difference again was considerable . Smoother power delivery , vastly improved acceleration , very little decel popping and a much sweeter induction sound with none of the clatter . Definately money well spent , but if you go this route , make sure the tuner is familiar with the Rocket ! :thumbsup:

Twelve minute tune - Start the bike don't touch the throttle ,wait until the fan comes on ,then time it for 12-15 minutes.12 minute tune is done.It let's the ECU adapt to changes you have done.

Back