vzrDean1800

.040 Over
Ride
Suzuki M109, 2012 Rocket3R
Hi All, sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm new to the rocket family. I have a 2012 R3R with TOR's. The previous owner tells me it has a tune on it that derestricts 1st to 3rd gears? I assume he has the secondaries opened to 100%? I'll have to get a cable and download the map to see. Anyhow, I'd like to add a Ramair kit, if for no other reason than to have that spare storage space under the seat. Will I notice less "pull" torque? From what I've read I'll hear more induction sound.
Just wondering from others that have the similar setup, if that's an ok combination, or if there are any negatives. What map do you think would be best for that simple combination?
Thanks for help folks, I've been reading tons on this site, trying to ramp up my knowledge. Sure love this bike! (I thought the M109 was quick for it's weight, lol).
Cheers,
Dean

The induction sound sounds great and doesn’t bother me but I’m half deaf! You will need a new tune! No help on tune from me I have a touring, but I’m sure there is a tune on this site that will work! Once you get the right tune you won’t notice any decrease in pull and will probably seem better!

I run the Ramair on my touring with a PB crossover pipe and a set of TORs. I'm using the Touring Tune by Nels....it has run perfectly without a hiccup. As for the induction noise, I don't know what people are talking about as I never notice it. I put the Ramair on mainly to make it easier to work on the bike. I don't use the airbox for storage. I vote NO on any noticable induction sound.

I got noise on the X. First ride with Ramair i took the bike back home thinking i screwed something up. Got on here and figured out that was normal. Never looked back. You hit it hard and the noise is nothing but music.

I also ride a 2012 R3R.
Had TORs with 2780 K&Ns = large improvenent.
CES with Ram Air = huge improvement!
Should do intake & exhaust together.
@Claviger has a tune to get you by until a proper dyno-tune.

2012 R3R was running ramair and tors before I got CES headers and it is a great combo.
More music (intake sound)
More pull
Yes you will need a new tune, if you can get it dyno tuned that would be the best option, canned tunes are good (the ones on here are excellent from what I have heard) but every bike is just a bit different.
Oh and welcome.

Hi All, sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm new to the rocket family. I have a 2012 R3R with TOR's. The previous owner tells me it has a tune on it that derestricts 1st to 3rd gears? I assume he has the secondaries opened to 100%? I'll have to get a cable and download the map to see. Anyhow, I'd like to add a Ramair kit, if for no other reason than to have that spare storage space under the seat. Will I notice less "pull" torque? From what I've read I'll hear more induction sound.
Just wondering from others that have the similar setup, if that's an ok combination, or if there are any negatives. What map do you think would be best for that simple combination?
Thanks for help folks, I've been reading tons on this site, trying to ramp up my knowledge. Sure love this bike! (I thought the M109 was quick for it's weight, lol).
Cheers,
Dean
I have a 2005 r3 with three K&Ns but mine is still restricted which i like because i did remove my secondaries once but the throttle is too jerky at low speed and much to sensitive and uncomfortable for my style, so i put the butterflies back in; i have a tune from tune ecu that works well 20226 you could try that. "Be Safe!

Back